Thread: shn to flac conversion

Thanks

Default shn to flac conversion

I would like to convert my shn files to flac as it seems this is the way to move forward. I don't want to harm the integrity of the original shn files but I don't need both shn and flac in my hard drive as it seems to be a waste of valuable space. Is there a correct way to do this conversion with trading in mind or can I just use TLH to perform a conversion and then simply delete the shn files. Will doing this damage the original files? I know that the shn to flac files should be fine but I'm thinking more along the lines of the ffp and md5 files. if there is a thread that deals with the question directly please point me in the right direction.. I did a brief search and found nothing specific. Thanks in advance to anyone with ideas.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,509 Times in 106 Posts

As both flac and shn files are encoded wav files you could decode the shn files to wav, save an md5 checksum of the wav files along with an md5 of the original shns and be done with the outdated shn format. I have no shn files archived on my HDs anymore but I did save the original checksums of the files I downloaded in shn and which I re-encoded to flac.

Thanks

Thanks Bert. Seems simple enough. Just didn't want to screw up the files for future seeding/trading.