Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Portable Flac Player

Thanks
    Thanked 1,184 Times in 115 Posts

Default Portable Flac Player

Hi,

I am thinking about getting a portable Hi res flac player. I don't want to spend more than about £200. I was looking at the Fiio X3, X1 or maybe the Sony Walkman. As anyone tried these over just Mp3 players.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers N

Thanks

i too was looking at that fiio 3 recently.
    the fiio 5 looks even awesome, but is a lot more pricy. subscribing to this thread. thnx
    ...any Floyd, is good floyd....
    visit the #1 Knopfler forum in the world at:

www.amarkintime.org/forum

1994.09.02, Werchter Festival Grounds - PF
    2011.06.18, ESPRIT Arena, Düsseldorf - RW
    2013.07.20, Werchter Festival Grounds --> full circle - RW
    2015.09.19, König Pilsener Arena, Oberhausen - DG
    2016.07.28, Grote Markt, Tienen - DG
    2018.09.08, Stadsschouwburg, Antwerpen - NM
    2021.05.19, Messe+Congress Centrum Halle, Münster - NM......YESSSSSSS

Thanks

I have the X5, 2nd generation. A nice device. No stop button but a pause button, though. Odd.

Thanks

Do you know if they are they easy to hook up to some current Hi Fi systems. If you can have a small device that you can use at home and on the go easily and the sound is a lot better as they do Hi Res as well I'm sold. Just which one to go for.

Cheers

N

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nadiar View Post
    Do you know if they are they easy to hook up to some current Hi Fi systems. If you can have a small device that you can use at home and on the go easily and the sound is a lot better as they do Hi Res as well I'm sold. Just which one to go for.

Cheers

N
    Should easy. In addition to a mini-female headphone out, it has a mini-female line/coax out and a mini-"trapezoidal" out-to-usb (cable is supplied). I only use mine as a portable with headphones.

Thanks

Thanks for the info. I have had a good look online and I think it's between the x1 and x3. Do you notice a big difference between your x5 and just Mp3 players? I do use a good set of headphones and a small Fiio amp.

Cheers

N
    Last edited by nadiar; 2016-06-10 at 06:47 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nadiar View Post
    Thanks for the info. I have had a good look online and I think it's between the x1 and x3. Do you notice a big difference between you x5 and just Mp3 players? I do use a good set of headphones and a small Fiio amp.

Cheers

N
    I do not listen to mp3s.

Thanks
    Thanked 35,748 Times in 430 Posts

I have used a Fiio X3 for the last 12 months or so and recommend it. It's easily good enough for critical listening and I play my Floyd transfers on it before letting them lose on the world and to compare them to the other available versions. On the downside you may be disappointed by the screen, which is rather out of date feeling and poor in bright light. You also need good eyes to read the text if you don't wear glasses.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by neonknight View Post
    I have used a Fiio X3 for the last 12 months or so and recommend it. It's easily good enough for critical listening and I play my Floyd transfers on it before letting them lose on the world and to compare them to the other available versions. On the downside you may be disappointed by the screen, which is rather out of date feeling and poor in bright light. You also need good eyes to read the text if you don't wear glasses.
    You have made my mind up, the X3 it is.

Thanks for all your replies.

Cheers N

Thanks
    Thanked 35,748 Times in 430 Posts

I am confident you will be pleased with it nadiar. The player is supplied with a couple of screen protectors. Going by my experience don't be tempted to put one of them on because they don't come off cleanly and the adhesive is difficult to remove.