Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Portable Flac Player

Thanks
    Thanked 1,381 Times in 23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by neonknight View Post
    I have used a Fiio X3 for the last 12 months or so and recommend it. It's easily good enough for critical listening and I play my Floyd transfers on it before letting them lose on the world and to compare them to the other available versions. On the downside you may be disappointed by the screen, which is rather out of date feeling and poor in bright light. You also need good eyes to read the text if you don't wear glasses.
    in your experience, does it support mSD cards up-to and above 128GB?
    Last edited by Shamil; 2016-06-14 at 08:44 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 35,748 Times in 430 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shamil View Post
    I don't know, unfortunately. I use a 128GB card and concluded that was enough for me. When I bought it I decided that I would buy a second card if I ran out of space. If you buy the hard carry case there is room to carry a number of cards, your in ear headphones and headphone amp if you care to use one. I have found that decent in ears alone is sufficient. If i wanted to switch to my KRKs I would have to buy the amp.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,184 Times in 115 Posts

Ordered the x3. I opted for the 64gb micro sd card. 2x these are cheaper than the 128gb one. As you can swap them around 64gb would be enough for my use at any one time.

Thanks for the advice on the screen protector.

Cheers N

Thanks
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shamil View Post
    According to Filo themselves, it will currently support a maximum of 128GB, although they also say that they intend to offer firmware updates in the future whenever larger cards finally make it onto the market, so it seems that they intend to provide long term support for quite some time to come.
    "I don't know; I was really drunk at the time." - Henry McCullough

Thanks
    Thanked 7,272 Times in 147 Posts

I have read about and looked into getting the FiiO X5 (2nd gen) and people have said it will accept two 200gb cards, which is nice. This will hold all of the official music I have in my collection. Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to put all my RoIO's on there, I'd need many more SD cards
    Click here to access my Pink Floyd lists!

Thanks

Just in case you have not seen this, here is the FIIO forum: http://fiio.me/forum.php

FYI - I listen to the music on Sennheiser cans without the amp.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,184 Times in 115 Posts

Thanks for the link. Looks like there is a new firmware update for the x3 that allows 200gb micro sd cards. Also increasing font size which is good for my eyesight. I also use an old pair of 540 Sennheisers but find I needed an amp for my old mp3 player. I didn't even know portable flac players existed until a few weeks ago. Never occurred to me to google for them.

Cheers N

Thanks

My HTC Cell phone plays FLAC files just fine

Quote Originally Posted by nadiar View Post
    Hi,

I am thinking about getting a portable Hi res flac player. I don't want to spend more than about 200. I was looking at the Fiio X3, X1 or maybe the Sony Walkman. As anyone tried these over just Mp3 players.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers N

Thanks
    Thanked 1,959 Times in 63 Posts

I use iRiver iHP-120 (or iHP-140) with rockbox. I've been using this for almost 10 years now. Since I mostly use in the car, "car mode" is very useful. I used it for recoding concerts too. I'm looking for a 2nd unit but it's very hard to find.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,335 Times in 30 Posts

HTC ONE M7 (or Android tablet with minimum 5.0) > usb AUDIO PLAYER PRO app > OTG cable > Hifimediy U2 DAC