Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Portable Flac Player

Thanks
    Thanked 7,301 Times in 148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by seremetcc View Post
    I have the X5, 2nd generation. A nice device. No stop button but a pause button, though. Odd.
    I agree, I have the Fiio X5-2 as well and the downfall of the device is really that middle button.
    Click here to access my Pink Floyd lists!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buffalofloyd View Post
    I agree, I have the Fiio X5-2 as well and the downfall of the device is really that middle button.
    I've had the X5-2 for over a year now and it's been nothing less than awesome for my needs. I don't mind not having a stop function because pause basically does the same thing. Never had an issue with the middle button.
    Last edited by Roscoe59; 2017-09-03 at 06:49 PM.

Thanks

If I were to buy a FIIO X5 3rd gen, how do I edit the tags to my Flac concerts to ensure that I get the artwork and album details? Is there a software for the Mac to do this?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by triply View Post
    If I were to buy a FIIO X5 3rd gen, how do I edit the tags to my Flac concerts to ensure that I get the artwork and album details? Is there a software for the Mac to do this?
    I use mp3tag (it doesn't just do mp3s it does FLAC as well) it's pretty straightforward and easy to use. I've been using it for 2+ years to edit my bootlegs to give them album artwork, artist, titles, dates etc. I'm sure you'll be able to use it and once that's done you've got all your tags and album art hope this helps

I think foobar2000 has more a indepth metadata editor thingy but I'm not sure if that's built into it or it's an additional add on?
    Last edited by Sam; 2017-09-28 at 01:39 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I use mp3tag (it doesn't just do mp3s it does FLAC as well) it's pretty straightforward and easy to use. I've been using it for 2+ years to edit my bootlegs to give them album artwork, artist, titles, dates etc. I'm sure you'll be able to use it and once that's done you've got all your tags and album art hope this helps

I think foobar2000 has more a indepth metadata editor thingy but I'm not sure if that's built into it or it's an additional add on?
    Thanks Sam! Looks like there isn't a direct Mac version of mp3tag, but it still is doable with a hack.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by triply View Post
    Thanks Sam! Looks like there isn't a direct Mac version of mp3tag, but it still is doable with a hack.
    You're welcome, I hope it's doable without being a pain in the backside, if you have to use an emulator then maybe look for the mac equivalent, but if it works then that's great.

Thanks

If anyone is interested in a portable flac player i have a Sony Walkman. They accept 1tb cards. It appears to play most formats aside from shn.