Thread: A piece of cake!

Thanks

Thanks

Smile

Great find!

Thanks
    Thanked 37,870 Times in 442 Posts

Default 11 March 1970

Brilliant! It adds fascinating detail to a date where little is known and the group dynamics at the time.

"Shortly before intermission, the four musicians set down their instruments. As a soap opera blared over the sound system, they seated themselves at the front of the stage and were served tea ó and my motherís pink cake. They then passed the rest of the cake into the audience, where people eagerly grabbed pieces."

Perhaps the cake distracted Gilmour, Wright and Mason from the task of performing.

"...Waters was berating the bandís other members in the dressing room during intermission, for what he deemed their substandard performance."

I wonder whether Waters's words helped lift the performance? Now we need a tape!

Thanks

This is brilliant! Thanks for finding and posting.

Thanks

"I was tempted to lose the cake, en route to the bandís reception, but didnít." Hahaha! Brilliant article, priceless humour.
    "Dear Karl Dallas
    This is the first and probably the last time I shall write to a member of your normally ignoble calling. I thought your piece on Animals in the MM was extremely perceptive, lucid and humane. To at last receive such tangible evidence that someone has copped it all, and explained it all so well to the great unwashed, lightened the load no end: Thank you!
    Yours sincerely, Roger Waters"