Page 69 of 220 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast

Thread: Pink floyd the early years 1965-1972

Thanks

Can someone please send me the video per privat message.. It dont work in germany!

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI Y625-U51 mit Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 4,989 Times in 326 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Benk View Post
    Can someone please send me the video per privat message.. It dont work in germany!

It will work if you use ProxTube or an similar extension... **** the Gema!
    "Im full of dust and guitars...." (Syd Barrett - Rolling Stone - December 1971)

Thanks

Yes i just did it!

Thanks

Well Sound /picture quality is simply amazing...
    Whereas the new forrest footage is a bit... Dont know how to say after first sight))))
    Well i guess i will keep my bootleg dvds

Thanks
    Thanked 1,154 Times in 43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cooked71 View Post
    We have a new remastered track from the box with video on the Pink Floyd YouTube account - the BBC Grantchester Meadows!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DAdWcsM7Po

My first thought: the sound quality is excellent!
    The SQ really is astonishing, but I have to agree with our resident unofficial historian that I wish they hadn't replaced so much footage with new stuff, even though (at least I assume) the new footage is from the actual Grantchester Meadow.
    This little gem is one of the nicest performances they ever did, and the few times they ever performed this song are all the more valuable for their rarity.
    "I don't know; I was really drunk at the time." - Henry McCullough

Thanks
    Thanked 4,744 Times in 55 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oldpink View Post
    The SQ really is astonishing, but I have to agree with our resident unofficial historian that I wish they hadn't replaced so much footage with new stuff, even though (at least I assume) the new footage is from the actual Grantchester Meadow.
    This little gem is one of the nicest performances they ever did, and the few times they ever performed this song are all the more valuable for their rarity.
    The audio is the BBC version recorded on May 12, 1969. This is not the KQED performance of April 1970. They just used some extracts from KQED to illustrate the music, but during the chorus on the BBC version this is Waters, while in 1970 this part was sung by Gilmour. Therefore it is strange to see Gilmour sing in the QKED microphone, while what you hear is Roger from the BBC version.

Thanks

"Therefore it is strange to see Gilmour sing in the QKED microphone, while what you hear is Roger from the BBC version."

Strange! I say sloppy. Surely this isn't what we're going to get in the box set! Am I missing the point? I'm getting a bit worried about this box set. Have they really done away with some rare glorious footage and replaced it with some pretentious shite footage showing a bloke in a river? Do they think that we'd rather watch that than some classic rare footage?

Thanks
    Thanked 10,958 Times in 129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by roioaddict View Post
    "Therefore it is strange to see Gilmour sing in the QKED microphone, while what you hear is Roger from the BBC version."

Strange! I say sloppy. Surely this isn't what we're going to get in the box set! Am I missing the point? I'm getting a bit worried about this box set. Have they really done away with some rare glorious footage and replaced it with some pretentious shite footage showing a bloke in a river? Do they think that we'd rather watch that than some classic rare footage?
    Well... Last time around they thought we all wanted to wear scarves and play with marbles rather than listen to anything rare from their archives.

Thanks

At ease! At ease! I think this is just a music video promoting the box. Surely they wouldn't change the original footage and replace the audio in the mean feature of the box set!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by popeyebonaparte View Post
    At ease! At ease! I think this is just a music video promoting the box. Surely they wouldn't change the original footage and replace the audio in the mean feature of the box set!
    My thoughts exactly.