Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two Poland This Is Not A Drill Shows Cancelled

Thanks

Default Two Poland This Is Not A Drill Shows Cancelled

I know most of you have seen the headlines about his now cancelled shows in Poland.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/roger...0db74862b9d9b#

Some points of discussion;

1. He’s claiming that he’s not wanting a war in Ukraine and instead of blaming the oppressors he once again blames the side that is defending themselves.

2. For years he’s been an anti-Semite disguised with the rhetoric of not wanting war against a people he’s sympathetic towards. However, he claims that the side he doesn’t like has no right to defend themselves.

3. He’s lying that he didn’t cancel the shows in Poland as those tour dates have been scrubbed from his website.

4. He whines that it’s unfair that other people want to boycott him, etc. Yet he has for years written to other bands that they are bad people if they don’t boycott Israel and then calls for people to boycott the bands that don’t follow his orders.

The fact that this person is so delusional and continues to have a platform to spew his hate and delusional thoughts is disgusting.

To say we can’t discuss this person on here and call out the evil that he perpetrates is concerning. Roger is using his concerts, his fame, etc. to take a stance. We should be able to discuss that.

After all, this community is voting about his relevance whether you all realize it or not. Just take a look at the stats for downloads of Nick’s recent tour vs. Roger’s current tour. Nicks downloads are much higher than Roger’s. Most of us have moved on from Roger’s pathetic views and his over produced and lip synced performances.

The rest of the world is finally starting to come around to the fact that Roger is woefully misguided.

He’s now looked at as the one who stayed at the bar a tad too long and is ranting and raving as a drunken old fool.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brotherphloyd View Post
    To say we can’t discuss this person on here and call out the evil that he perpetrates is concerning.
    Why is it concerning? I find this is a place to escape from all of his politics, hypocrisy and general nonsense he spouts off about. There are plenty of other platforms to discuss such things and I'm happy that this place focuses on the sharing the music.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe59 View Post
    Why is it concerning? I find this is a place to escape from all of his politics, hypocrisy and general nonsense he spouts off about. There are plenty of other platforms to discuss such things and I'm happy that this place focuses on the sharing the music.
    Agreed. This is a Pink Floyd bootlegging forum, not a political forum.
    Concerts:

Roger Waters - Philadelphia, 2017.

Ozzy Osbourne - Camden, NJ, 2018.

Thanks

Hard to take you seriously when you know that his current tour is not an escape from his politics, his hypocrisy and general nonsense he's spouting off. Are you filtering out his words and images in the audio and video you take in?

Edit: His shows were cancelled for a reason. Why should that simply be ignored? It's news about PINK FLOYD/a member of PINK FLOYD. 2 shows were cancelled due to his actions/rhetoric.
    Last edited by brotherphloyd; 2022-09-25 at 04:15 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Have A Cigar View Post
    Agreed. This is a Pink Floyd bootlegging forum, not a political forum.
    Why can't those who want to discuss it, discuss it? Why can't those who don't want to, simply ignore or refrain from commenting?

There are many types of members on here. Some would like to discuss their disappointment about someone they used to hold in high regard.

Thanks

Hard to take you seriously when you know that his current tour is not an escape from his politics, his hypocrisy and general nonsense he's spouting off. Are you filtering out his words and images in the audio and video you take in?

Edit: His shows were cancelled for a reason. Why should that simply be ignored? It's news about PINK FLOYD/a member of PINK FLOYD. 2 shows were cancelled due to his actions/rhetoric.
    Well, that's the way this world works!

No one is stopping anyone from becoming Roger Waters or anyone else. And at the same time have an arena for expressing personal thoughts. I guess it's still like that?

Resourcefulness and bravery
    Courage and good luck!
    In trouble don't get confused-
    That's the main challenge!

TBS14

Thanks

Absolutely and completely agree!

Resourcefulness and bravery
    Courage and good luck!
    In trouble don't get confused-
    That's the main challenge!

TBS14

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by YASHA View Post
    Well, that's the way this world works!

No one is stopping anyone from becoming Roger Waters or anyone else. And at the same time have an arena for expressing personal thoughts. I guess it's still like that?
    I agree. Everyone should be free to discuss their views (even on here).

Some views come with consequences.

Thanks

I'm not disagreeing with you about Roger, I can't stand him anymore. But this is not the place to voice those concerns. Gotta respect the house rules.

Thanks

Why can't those who want to discuss it, discuss it? Why can't those who don't want to, simply ignore or refrain from commenting?

There are many types of members on here. Some would like to discuss their disappointment about someone they used to hold in high regard.
    Because it causes VERY heated discussions and arguments. No place for that nonsense here, especially on a MUSIC forum.
    Concerts:

Roger Waters - Philadelphia, 2017.

Ozzy Osbourne - Camden, NJ, 2018.