Page 219 of 219 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219
Results 2,181 to 2,189 of 2189

Thread: Pink floyd the early years 1965-1972

Thanks

It's pretty well impossible to go through a 200+ page thread, so I'll just ask it again:

Is it true that some of the material on The Early Years was sourced out by the fans (aka people on this forum) and ended up on the box set without crediting those responsible for it?

Thanks

Can I also add to this question? I recall, when it was first released, someone working on a list of the content and indicating where better quality versions exist than were used on the official release. I don't mean where additional content could have been added to make it more complete, just where inferior quality was used on the official release. Does such a list exist please? Many thanks.

Thanks

Hi,

i am quite sure that at least Ron was deeply involved...

Best
    Nils

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny12 View Post
    Hi,

i am quite sure that at least Ron was deeply involved...

Best
    Nils
    I wouldn't say deeply, but my source material was used w/o me being credited.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,715 Times in 74 Posts

dbell

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe59 View Post
    I wouldn't say deeply, but my source material was used w/o me being credited.
    Back in 1994 Sony Australia contacted me to do an exhibition at Regent Theatre. After working with head Sony Victoria Peter Caswell (trustworthy) to work I forget the first name but surname Blazek I took about 50 tapes as Sony wanted a 3 hour video display (I made my own video previously on XP-Pro but I was bringing my best copies) so walking into Armstrong Audio Visual I walked past screen showing Mexican heads wavy images of division bell then met a bloke I went to school with (Paul) working there. We start copying Arnold Layne and he says "how did Sony get copyright clearance on this all?" I said they hadn't all they have is a handful of old format video including Abitw video on a 2" inch reel in a box and the 94 promo vids. So Paul checks out and AAV then refused to transfer my tapes. Then Blazek organised some place in Windsor Victoria to do it I showed up with Steve H and then had argument with Blazek over copyright clearance and drove off. He thought I'd pulled out of the project so everyone who attended the opening day none of my memorabilia was displayed it took me calling peter caswell he came to my place and I'd set up a room with things and he said "The Exhibition is here". Early the next morning Peter and his family and me and 3 friends set up all the boards and displays before opening time of day 2 of the event. They ended up showing DSOT vhs on the big screen.
    In hindsight I should have said I'll swap them minute for minute for direct copies of all the Sony material they had. I've never seen again or heard anyone else see the animated Mexican heads video... So close. I kept working with Sony until 14 June 1994 when we got word there would be no 1995 Australian Tour I got an extra $5000 from a previous handshake deal with Peter and they gave me a TV. At least I saw 1988 tour and Roger shows since
    Last edited by CCE338; 2020-05-15 at 12:42 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by simond View Post
    Can I also add to this question? I recall, when it was first released, someone working on a list of the content and indicating where better quality versions exist than were used on the official release. I don't mean where additional content could have been added to make it more complete, just where inferior quality was used on the official release. Does such a list exist please? Many thanks.
    Such list exists.
    You'll need to read through this thread:
    http://yeeshkul.com/forum/showthread...le-compilation
    R.M.

Thanks

Thanks for that 👍

Thanks

Doe's anyone want to sell the early years box's only that's the outside box the inside one which holds the volumes and maybe the box that holds the larger memrobilla
    please PM me

Thanks

Anyone know how many box sets were produced? Can't sift through this huge thread....200+ pages...maybe it was mentioned
    Ok thanks