Page 218 of 219 FirstFirst ... 118168208216217218219 LastLast
Results 2,171 to 2,180 of 2189

Thread: Pink floyd the early years 1965-1972

  1. #2171
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    middle of nowhere
    Posts
    2,793
    Thanks
    245
    Thanked 10,697 Times in 129 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hallucalation View Post
    PF have no interest at all in BBC sessions.
    As for the project, it's already remind me of Beach Boys Smile album. Striving for perfection is endless
    Nah, it's not like that. Just hunting down the intact copies that are out there instead of settling for... well, what the band released.
    Now I'm just the engineer so I don't know anything. But I'm thinking this just might be the kind of thing that only gets one shot?

  2. #2172
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    2,485
    Thanks
    363
    Thanked 993 Times in 11 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hallucalation View Post
    Management didn't care either. This brand is ran by idiots
    Correct. Nobody cares except us.
    They won't even bother to follow up on securing the 1967 BBC master recordings even though they have the info.

  3. #2173
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,926
    Thanks
    636
    Thanked 36,981 Times in 441 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe59 View Post
    Correct. Nobody cares except us.
    They won't even bother to follow up on securing the 1967 BBC master recordings even though they have the info.
    This comment and Hallucalation's remark over on the BBC thread "Especially knowing that all of this newly surfaced off-air upgrades pales in comparison to BBC 1967 master tapes that currently locked" are suggesting to me that Bernie Andrews recorded the December session as well as the earlier one (which we have the MP3 copy of) and that one or both of you possibly have access to these recordings or know who I should approach. Am I correct? Do share what you know with everyone.

  4. #2174
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,085
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked 4,343 Times in 47 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by neonknight View Post
    This comment and Hallucalation's remark over on the BBC thread "Especially knowing that all of this newly surfaced off-air upgrades pales in comparison to BBC 1967 master tapes that currently locked" are suggesting to me that Bernie Andrews recorded the December session as well as the earlier one (which we have the MP3 copy of) and that one or both of you possibly have access to these recordings or know who I should approach. Am I correct? Do share what you know with everyone.
    No, i don't have any access to that material at all.

  5. #2175
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,926
    Thanks
    636
    Thanked 36,981 Times in 441 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hallucalation View Post
    No, i don't have any access to that material at all.
    Are there two recordings in the BBC archive and are they different to what we all have?

  6. #2176
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,926
    Thanks
    636
    Thanked 36,981 Times in 441 Posts

    Default

    What do you mean by "BBC 1967 master tapes that currently locked"? If we can't get to them, what do you know about them?

  7. #2177
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    2,485
    Thanks
    363
    Thanked 993 Times in 11 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by neonknight View Post
    Do share what you know with everyone.
    I know that it seems like forever that we've been waiting for your release.
    Last edited by Roscoe59; 2018-04-16 at 11:03 PM.

  8. #2178
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    3,798
    Thanks
    833
    Thanked 7,870 Times in 155 Posts

    Default

    Ok, I found the thread again. You'll have to excuse my memory but did anyone compile a definitive list that wasn't scattered throughout this long thread of exactly what was an upgrade or downgrade to what we already have had for years? Has this been started, should we start it, going disc by disc? I know that since the release most, if not all the material, has been removed from the tracker for obvious reasons.

    Perhaps then we could list some of this stuff the the "Best of" thread, just for researching purposes.
    Last edited by buffalofloyd; 2019-01-01 at 08:47 PM.
    Click here to access my Pink Floyd lists!

  9. #2179
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Bogota, Colombia
    Posts
    606
    Thanks
    168
    Thanked 440 Times in 11 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buffalofloyd View Post
    Ok, I found the thread again. You'll have to excuse my memory but did anyone compile a definitive list that wasn't scattered throughout this long thread of exactly what was an upgrade or downgrade to what we already have had for years? Has this been started, should we start it, going disc by disc? I know that since the release most, if not all the material, has been removed from the tracker for obvious reasons.

    Perhaps then we could list some of this stuff the the "Best of" thread, just for researching purposes.
    I think this is the list you are looking for?

    http://yeeshkul.com/forum/showthread...619#post251619
    R.M.

  10. #2180
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    3,798
    Thanks
    833
    Thanked 7,870 Times in 155 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ruben77 View Post
    I think this is the list you are looking for?

    http://yeeshkul.com/forum/showthread...619#post251619
    This does help, thank you very much for taking the time to find this, I appreciate it!
    Click here to access my Pink Floyd lists!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •