Page 100 of 219 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 2189

Thread: Pink floyd the early years 1965-1972

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fatoldpig View Post
    I think these are still best options for folks in USA (save $150 or more)

amazon uk
    Item Subtotal: 313.33
    Postage & Packing: 3.08
    Order Total: 316.41
    USD 400
    This is who I ended up going through. Plus, as I think has been mentioned previously, Amazon has a guarantee that if it the price goes down, they will charge you the lower amount when it ships/they charge your card.

Another option would be that some retailer like Barnes and Noble has a 20% (or more) coupon and you are able to snag it through them. Not sure if they will carry it though.
    "You're my family and I love you. But you're terrible, you're all terrible" - Bob's Burgers

Thanks

I'm no expert, but Daves vocals might be missing due to this this just being a fold down of the 5.1 mixes? Or did they do a new stereo remix as well as a 5.1 mix

Quote Originally Posted by vahurka View Post
    Hi!

I've listened the remixed Childhood's End on Youtube.
    It sounds really great, but I found it odd they have mixed out the "whoo-whoa" shout voice of David when he plays the solo. It can be heard in the original mix at 3:02 and can be heard in the background for a short time if you listen, I've always felt this background voice as David enjoying the solo.
    In the Youtube video that part is coming at 2:02, too bad they mixed it out.

By the way, why the video is 1 minute shorter than the original track? (orig: 4:34 lenght, remix video: 3:30).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vahurka View Post
    Hi!

I've listened the remixed Childhood's End on Youtube.
    It sounds really great, but I found it odd they have mixed out the "whoo-whoa" shout voice of David when he plays the solo. It can be heard in the original mix at 3:02 and can be heard in the background for a short time if you listen, I've always felt this background voice as David enjoying the solo.
    In the Youtube video that part is coming at 2:02, too bad they mixed it out.

By the way, why the video is 1 minute shorter than the original track? (orig: 4:34 lenght, remix video: 3:30).
    Waait seriously? The track is a minute shorter? I didn't notice anything missing at all. I DID notice that little vocal missing though.

Thanks

I noticed that little vocal thing missing as well. The bastards! It would be like The Rolling Stones remixing Gimme Shelter so that the suppressed yell from the control room is mixed out at that bit where the female singer's voice cracks on the word "murder".

at home in wolverhampton u.k or in a tent up a mountain or sumsuch.
    Thanks

Jeez....I must be deafer than I thought. Never heard those things in the Floyd or Stones tracks and I've played them a kazillion times.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by darryll View Post
    Do you know how difficult it would be to return or exchange problem box sets from the US to these options?
    If it was a matter of replacing discs it would be fairly easy.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,051 Times in 42 Posts

Do you know how difficult it would be to return or exchange problem box sets from the US to these options?
    Given how EMI/Capitol responded to the problems (I posted here about the great difficulty...three boxes returned for scratched disks, I believe) they had with the DSotM Immersion box disks being scratched by seeing to it that the WYWH Immersion box and TW Immersion box had all their disks in its own individual cardboard sleeve, I am confident that they won't repeat their mistake with the upcoming set.
    I'm sure they unnecessarily cut their profits with their blunder on the DSotM Immersion, so they don't want to repeat their mistake, especially with a much more expensive set.
    "I don't know; I was really drunk at the time." - Henry McCullough

Thanks

storm

Quote Originally Posted by Lennyif View Post
    Maybe something from Best Buy or whatever? % off on a purchase over x amount of dollars? There may be nothing specific to the box, but there's probably some general deal that can be applicable.
    Yar, good idea! Thanks Lenny, will keep an eye out...

Thanks

storm

Quote Originally Posted by MrFender View Post
    This is who I ended up going through. Plus, as I think has been mentioned previously, Amazon has a guarantee that if it the price goes down, they will charge you the lower amount when it ships/they charge your card.

Another option would be that some retailer like Barnes and Noble has a 20% (or more) coupon and you are able to snag it through them. Not sure if they will carry it though.
    Strangely, I've been able to snag some deals from Target in the past, of all retailers. Great idea to check B&N too. Didn't think of them. Thanks MrFender!

Thanks

Not that I don't believe you Ron, but can you be more specific?

For instance it's super easy with Amazon US.

You tell them there's a problem and then they send you a link for a UPS postage paid label.

And you have plenty of time to hold onto the return until you receive the replacement from them.

Of course the easiest part is that they don't argue with you either.
    Amazon UK is the same way, even better sometimes. My LP of The Wall that I bought from Amazon UK was a bit warped but played fine. I decided to return it for a refund and buy local. They gave me the refund and told me to keep it!

There were problems with some of the discs on the Immersion boxes. Amazon US and UK customers were sent replacement discs and nothing needed to be sent back to Amazon. So unless your box gets totally crushed I think Amazon UK is a safe bet.