Page 102 of 220 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 2195

Thread: Pink floyd the early years 1965-1972

Thanks
    Thanked 5,082 Times in 57 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chazarrelli View Post
    Ossiach rehearsals, July 1, 1971. Filmed by German TV. Surfaced some years ago already.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,378 Times in 47 Posts

Nick Mason's interview about the box set, on this month french magazine Rock&Folk.

Here's a quote about the John Latham tracks :

"I have absolutely no memory of these sessions. When I heard the tracks, which i found intriguing, i thought that we might have done them for a multimedia event. You'll understand when you hear them, it's very free-form, as if they were recorded for a film. But I don't know where or when we did them. They're kind of weird, not really good to my view, and it's a typical example of things upon which we really questioned ourselves before publishing them."

Thanks

Nick Mason on the John Latham tracks said "it's a typical example of things upon which we really questioned ourselves before publishing them."

So what did they question and not publish I wonder ?

Thanks

Question Duggidy

Andy Jackson: "Nothings part 14 it's a prototype for the 'duggidy duggidy' bit of Echoes, but rather different, not least of all by being in a major key."

I need help... What bit he's talking about?
    That one just after the screaming guitar section?
    Duggidy duggidy?
    Last edited by keturah; 2016-10-20 at 09:52 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by keturah View Post
    Andy Jackson: "Nothings part 14 it's a prototype for the 'duggidy duggidy' bit of Echoes, but rather different, not least of all by being in a major key."

Duggidy duggidy?
    Guess this means no alternate lyrics this time

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by keturah View Post

Duggidy duggidy?
    Haha yeah the section after the bird noise stuff. The duggidy duggidy is the little guitar figure that comes in after the squaky squaky wooshy.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yyz View Post
    Nick Mason on the John Latham tracks said "it's a typical example of things upon which we really questioned ourselves before publishing them."

So what did they question and not publish I wonder ?
    Nick still doesn't really understand we want to hear everything. We have heard the usual stuff so much that these odd ball experimental things are really exciting to us fans

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by swanlee View Post
    Nick still doesn't really understand we want to hear everything. We have heard the usual stuff so much that these odd ball experimental things are really exciting to us fans
    Agreed. I love the London '66-'67 EP, including "Nick's Boogie". "Ummagumma" and "More" had some pretty farout stuff, too. I imagine this is along the same lines.

Thanks

this was probably discussed already, new to me:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XeWngFZaa8
    Pink Floyd - Green Is The Colour (Official Music Video)

Published on Oct 26, 2016
    Green Is The Colour is a Roger Waters song, originally performed on the ‘More’ album.
    The audio for this clip comes from a performance recorded for BBC Radio on 12 May 1969, while the band footage was shot for French TV programme ‘Pop Deux’ at the ‘Festival de St. Tropez’ in the South of France on the 8th of August, 1970.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by swanlee View Post
    To me one of the most exciting releases of the year is Miles Davis Bootleg Series #5 (Freedom Jazz Dance). They simply released the session reels for 9 tracks and added a couple of more outtakes at the end. (I'm pretty sure they did a similar thing for Bob Dylan, but I'm less familiar with his oeuvre.) Hearing the band in action was thrilling, even when things are sometimes horribly bad. There are obvious limitations to doing this for Pink Floyd, but it is the level of completeness and intimacy we crazy fans are looking for. I know the Syd fans want to hear the session reels for his solo sessions. Don't overthink it. Just digitize the tapes, track them, and release them. We'll buy it.
    Seeking the following:
    • PIL
    • Arcade Fire
    • My Bloody Valentine