Page 120 of 219 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 2189

Thread: Pink floyd the early years 1965-1972

Thanks

Hey, can someone who has the box please do me a favor and see if my name was listed in the credits somewhere? Maybe under the Thank You's or Archival Research?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by erik1099 View Post
    The blu-rays duplicate the DVDs in HD. The only audio only items on the DVD/Blu rays are the AHM album quad mix + Echoes quad mix.
    Other than those 2 items, and the 5.1 Pompeii mix that accompanies that video, there's no other high-res or multi-channel as far as I can tell.

The CDs and the DVD/Blu-rays have almost completely separate content.
    So the audio for most of the videos is 16/48? Hmmm.

HDTracks has announced that the Crea/tion set will be released tomorrow. I wonder what they will ask for there and what format it will have.
    Seeking the following:
    • PIL
    • Arcade Fire
    • My Bloody Valentine

Thanks
    Thanked 7,870 Times in 155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe59 View Post
    My guess is to further distinguish it from the eventual standalone release.
    Are you predicting Pompeii being released on BD in actual HD and preserving the original presentation like the VHS without all the wizardry? Probably both versions I'd imagine, a Director's and original Theatrical version. I haven't heard anything about a future release but they'd be crazy not to.
    Click here to access my Pink Floyd lists!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buffalofloyd View Post
    Are you predicting Pompeii being released on BD in actual HD and preserving the original presentation like the VHS without all the wizardry? Probably both versions I'd imagine, a Director's and original Theatrical version. I haven't heard anything about a future release but they'd be crazy not to.
    Yes. I'd bet on all the above with an original 5.1 mix by Guthrie unless they pull the project from him.

Thanks

Got my box delivered today (ordered from JB HiFi - cashed in my Frequent Flyers points for JB Vouchers (done a lot of traveling this year )).

Exterior of the box set was all good, though there wasn't much of anything between it and the cardboard box it was delivered in. It looks like it has been handled well though.

2 of the 45's were slightly out of the sleeves - though visually checked them and appear all good.

The PMATS 45 with the promo card slid inside, the 45 was ever so slightly scuffed as a result - but no biggies for me.

Bit overwhelmed about where to start now. This is totally awesome. Think I need a drink, and some time to myself, sorry kids

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joeblade View Post
    Bit overwhelmed about where to start now.
    Start by reading the credits. Do you see my name there?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by led_boots View Post
    Opened the box a replacement disc has already been slipped in the carton. The mislabeled disc is a 2016 stereo remix of Live at Pompeii, we get to keep it as a bonus!

Did anyone else have this issue? Get the bonus?
    Yep, same here (in Sydney) ...

Thanks

You guys are killing me.....any comments on Echoes 5.1???

Thanks

JB HIfi in Australia are warning folks about the replacement disc being missing in some boxes.

Speaking of which, for any new arrivals to this thread, here's a summarized story about the replacement discs. (If I've got anything wrong, please please correct me!!)

When the box was initially ready to reveal to the world's press, it included 5.1 mixes of Meddle and Obscured By Clouds mixed by Andy Jackman. Someone (possibly James Guthrie?) made a fuss about this for some reason, so the mixes were pulled, leaving an empty space in the box. To fill this, a new stereo remix of Obscured By Clouds was prepared, and included in the initial announcement about the box. However, it looks like there was an audio mix of Pompeii prepared and scrapped too, and the box was accidently pressed up with the Pompeii cd instead. The OBC disc had to be included as it was mentioned in the advertising and in the artwork, so an announcement was made last week of the special 'bonus' Pompeii disc that was included in the box. The problem here being that the OBC disc was added in a paper sleeve on top of the box, and some boxes seem to be missing this. Check your discs folks!

|And then there's Seabirds... :-)

Thanks

Sorry mate, unless you're using a pseudonym I don't see you RF

I took some quick pix of the credits pages with my phone so you can look for yourself:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wq7wpvpha...RsHyNpwca?dl=0

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe59 View Post
    Start by reading the credits. Do you see my name there?
    Last edited by erik1099; 2016-11-11 at 07:48 AM.