Page 121 of 219 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 2189

Thread: Pink floyd the early years 1965-1972

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe59 View Post
    Start by reading the credits. Do you see my name there?
    Ron -

I haven't read every booklet for every volume, but I've looked at a couple and, sorry to say, didn't see your name. Which is a shame, if you ask me. (Would have been nice if they had asked you about audio sources for the BBC stuff, too. And the Paris 1970 broadcast. And St Ouen and Brussels 72. But, I digress ;-) .)

In other news, I ordered from burning shed and my set arrived Thursday morning, no dents, no problems.

I haven't listened to any of the CDs yet, just been watching the Blu-rays. Everything looks and sounds as good as I would expect, with a couple of exceptions:

Pompeii looks like $#!+. I can deal with soft, even noisy, but this is full of artifacts and jagged edges, too. It's the up converted DVD, and not even the "original" version, it's the one with the cheesy CGI, which looks even worse up converted to HD.

"Ok, but how's the sound?" I hate to say it, but I was a little disappointed. The Pompeii audio seems overly bright and there are some instances of pretty bad distortion, esp during STCFTHOTS. Mind you, there could be something off with my system - I intend to check on headphones and another system this weekend, and I'll check the Pompeii CD, as well.

KQED had a bit more distortion than I remembered, also, though the source used sounds pretty clean, otherwise.

Overall, these are, for me, fairly minor quibbles, and on the whole, I really like what I've seen and heard so far. It's a pity that certain things weren't included, or not in the best available quality, but I tend to think it's fairly amazing that they released this stuff at all.

Thanks

Default 3 Movies

Can anyone confirm the presence of the then three films? Ie, The committee - La Vallee - More in their entirety? There are subtitles in multiple languages? What interests me is the Italian However if only for that reason, worth the price, being now unavailable films -

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pat_Lecce View Post
    Can anyone confirm the presence of the then three films? Ie, The committee - La Vallee - More in their entirety? There are subtitles in multiple languages? What interests me is the Italian However if only for that reason, worth the price, being now unavailable films -
    Actually, More and La Vallée are easily available in DVD as stand alone films with original audio and Italian subtitles.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by arnaldo View Post
    Actually, More and La Vallée are easily available in DVD as stand alone films with original audio and Italian subtitles.
    I think that the question of Pat_Lecce is : are the three films in the box as announced and as I asked before, is there any subtitles (personally, I'm interrested in french and Pat_Lecce in italian) ?

I already own the DVD of both films. My box is on the road and should arrive thursday.
    Last edited by thebelgiangnome; 2016-11-11 at 12:21 PM.
    Fearlessly, the idiot faced the crowd...

Smiling...

Thanks

Just sat down and watched the first bluray, in its entirety (over a few beers).

Realised that one good thing this box set will do, is force me to effectively re-view a lot of the older, bootleg material that I just take for granted now. I have terrabytes of the stuff, that I don't find the time to watch or listen to. However based on the price of this box set, I will be watching and listening to every single damn second ... :-)

It also reminded me of the fact that I was born 20 years too late. To see the (Syd) Floyd at UFO or the Roundhouse would have been awesome. Born in '68, missed it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buffalofloyd View Post
    [...] They left KQED as 4:3 which is a relief (why not Pompeii?).
    Probably because it was re-done by Adrian Maben himself for the DVD "Pompeii - The Directors Cut" which is the incarnation they go with now a days. On the "Director's DVD" by the way is also the original 4:3 film (without the DSotM bits). It's still available on Amazon very cheap if you don't mind 2nd hand (link).

P.S. I know this was asked and answered a 1.000 times already but is Pompeii in 5.1 surround sound now? Or in Quad (like the SUPER boortleg we got a while ago (which was sources from a "re-found" theatrical copy w/ Quad sound)).
    Last edited by meneerjansen; 2016-11-11 at 12:52 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe59 View Post
    Hey, can someone who has the box please do me a favor and see if my name was listed in the credits somewhere? Maybe under the Thank You's or Archival Research?
    I can confirm that the name Roscoe 59 it not in there, Ron. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,921 Times in 44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by meneerjansen View Post
    I can confirm that the name Roscoe 59 it not in there, Ron. Sorry, couldn't resist.

And the name Nootron does not appear either

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pat_Lecce View Post
    The three films are on the 2 Blurays and DVDs of the set "1967-1972 Continu/ation"

In terms of "in their entirety", here is what I just saw:

LA Vallee 1:44:34 (IMDB 1:46)
    More 1:56:56 (IMDB 1:52)
    The Committe 53:05 (IMDB 58:00)

Using my PS3 for playback, only The Committee had subtitles - 10 sets, including French and Italian. La Vallee and More did not show any subtitles.

Time for bed. I am sure more people will receive their sets around the world while I am asleep, and can answer more questions.

:-)
    Last edited by joeblade; 2016-11-11 at 01:31 PM.

Thanks

Anybody know if there is any story behind "Song 1" and "Roger`s Boogie" from 1968?
    I think Song 1 is a really beautiful piece of music.

Update: After listen abit its seems atleast in my mind and ears that "Hollywood" from the More soundtrack
    is based alot around "Song" 1 from 1968.