Page 129 of 219 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 2189

Thread: Pink floyd the early years 1965-1972

near Liverpool England, just across the Mersey on The Wirral
    Thanks

I spoke to amazon about the non playing Contin/uation BD 1. The solution, either repack the box and return it and wait for a replacement or accept a refund equating to a percentage cost of the disc which is just under 14. As there is a DVD of the same material and that the contents (Comitee etc) hold the least interest for me I took the money..not completely ideal, but what the chuff

Thanks
    Thanked 1,921 Times in 44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kbrubaker View Post
    It's hard to believe that iTunes can't understand what to make of these discs. It's as if somebody is trying to simulate the bootleg buying experience!

I suppose I better start typing....
    I updated to the latest itunes yesterday just to test (i use itunes for my ipod classic to import ALAC files for car use) and it recognized the first CD no problem.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,870 Times in 155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tonmc57 View Post
    I spoke to amazon about the non playing Contin/uation BD 1. The solution, either repack the box and return it and wait for a replacement or accept a refund equating to a percentage cost of the disc which is just under 14. As there is a DVD of the same material and that the contents (Comitee etc) hold the least interest for me I took the money..not completely ideal, but what the chuff
    If that is the same answer that Burning Shed gives then I am just returning the set. I need to contact them ASAP.
    Click here to access my Pink Floyd lists!

Thanks

Thanks a lot guys, appreciated your assessments.
    So we have discs which do not belong in the box, missing discs, damaged/unplayable discs, several additional glitches, lossy source material, material in inferior quality than previously available, and not-so-well-done booklets (regarding the binding). Right?
    I'm entirely cluesless how this could happen with a high-end collectors' set like this one, even less if there wasn't ANY hurry to put this out.
    At this price, I find this total amount of flaws simply unacceptable. Thanks, I'll skip.
    Last edited by Dizzy; 2016-11-12 at 02:33 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
    Thanks a lot guys, appreciated your assessments.
    So we have discs which do not belong in the box, missing discs, damaged/unplayable discs, several additional glitches, lossy source material, material in inferior quality than previously available, and not-so-well-done booklets (regarding the binding). Right?
    I'm entirely cluesless how this could happen with a high-end collectors' set like this one, even less if there wasn't ANY hurry to put this out.
    At this price, I find this total amount of flaws simply unacceptable. Thanks, I'll skip.
    Sounds right

Thanks

At least you guys have something. The kind folks at Amazon Italy haven't even shipped my box yet. What's the sense of pre-ordering if they aren't even going to ship until after the release date?
    The sampler is (barely) tiding me over.
    Seeking the following:
    • PIL
    • Arcade Fire
    • My Bloody Valentine

Thanks

For those who ordered this set from Burning Shed, I have sent an email to them making them aware of the issue with the BD disc. I have asked if a replacement disc is in order or if I should return the set for a full refund. I will await their response and update you all when I get it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,288 Times in 50 Posts

Interesting to hear everyone's perspectives on this box so far. I'm still in two minds. I had this on pre-order from Amazon (UK, for what it's worth) as soon as the box set was announced. But due to a career opportunity I couldn't pass up, I had to temporarily relocate to London, which financially crippled me and as such had to cancel my pre-order.

For everyone else in the UK, I found this website; http://www.base.com/-/-/019029595025...91cdc3840fc0cc. It's a price comparison from various retailers who're still selling it. I was livid to see Amazon bumping the price up as well.

As a side-note, is it true that there's only 28,000 copies being made? I haven't seen this number documented anywhere, is anyone able to give it some credence?

Thanks
    Thanked 8,083 Times in 104 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by neonknight View Post
    I'm hearing heavy handed de-noising in some of the songs. Is anybody else? Easy to spot examples are Love Scene Take 1 and Take 2.
    I'm hearing noise reduction artefacts all over the set, mostly slight but on some tracks, notably the Zabriskie outtakes, very obvious. Also a BIG dropout 50 secs into Mudmen on the OBC remix. Where did that come from?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by movement View Post
    At least you guys have something. The kind folks at Amazon Italy haven't even shipped my box yet. What's the sense of pre-ordering if they aren't even going to ship until after the release date?
    The sampler is (barely) tiding me over.
    I bought mine on Amazon.it, and it was shipped on friday at 8.24. It should arrive monday or tuesday at home.