Page 151 of 219 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 2189

Thread: Pink floyd the early years 1965-1972

Thanks

To their credit, the band (ie, their management) have stepped up in the past to make it right when production issues occurred. They've sent replacements in the past for faulty discs, misprinted sleeves, etc. Seems reasonable that they will need time to hear the issue is widespread and come up with a fix. (Wonder what they would do for books falling apart.)

No guarantee, but they do have a history of fixing this sort of thing.
    I am you and what I see is me.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,534 Times in 117 Posts

The early Echoes quad mix is magical. I hear the rough parts mentioned - mostly just the first lyric section and the couple spots of lead gtr. The constant everything swirling around the room thing works so shockingly well I can't believe it. Even more homage to the leslie.

Obviously this is an early mix even before they recorded a few final parts. It still has some of the Return of the Sons Of Nothing feel to it. Spacier vs. the later bombastic. Like having a studio version of an 'in-between' version of the song. (Sort of like those WYWH & Animals rough mix tapes.)

This sounds excellent and has none of the high end hype that damages some of the other content.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,333 Times in 148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jimfisheye View Post
    The early Echoes quad mix is magical. I hear the rough parts mentioned - mostly just the first lyric section and the couple spots of lead gtr. The constant everything swirling around the room thing works so shockingly well I can't believe it. Even more homage to the leslie.

Obviously this is an early mix even before they recorded a few final parts. It still has some of the Return of the Sons Of Nothing feel to it. Spacier vs. the later bombastic. Like having a studio version of an 'in-between' version of the song. (Sort of like those WYWH & Animals rough mix tapes.)

This sounds excellent and has none of the high end hype that damages some of the other content.
    I agree, it's pretty excellent. I like it much better than the 5.1 mix. I tend to really prefer all the quad mixes and they are my go to when I want to listen to DSotM or WYWH. If we could only have the whole album in quad
    Click here to access my Pink Floyd lists!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny12 View Post
    Nills - just posted a very nice collection of fan-artwork...
    very nice Nills! I love most of these covers - and really like your set of photos especially some of the photos which are new and were from this box set...

regarding the MONTREUX cover, it's for an imaginary-dreamy CD release ? Because we only have "Atom Heart Mother". So, it can only be a EP if we add at the beginning the Astronomy Domine SBD version which was shared here. That said, 2 tracks like this is better than nothing and the audience recording is still damned good (Fat Old Sun...wow!) and gives us another perspective of the same show which is always a fascinating experience...

Thanks

Good to know. Turns out my blu-ray disk 1 of Continuation is faulty; I think similar to others, it loads the intro background video and audio but never loads the menu.
    I'm playing on an OPPO BD-93. Disc 2 works great.

I'm happy to send mine in if it will help them out.

Quote Originally Posted by buffalofloyd View Post
    I have emailed about my problem disc and received another official response. The gentleman I spoke to is getting me an address to send the problematic disc so it can be determined what the issue is. Here is exacty what the email said so all can see..

"Hi Jim,

So sorry to hear you’re having problems. Would you be prepared to post the problematic discs to the manufacturer? Is so I’m getting an address tomorrow. We’re trying to establish what’s happened with a few of these discs, but need to get hold of them.

Pink Floyd will guarantee reimbursing you your postage costs and replacement discs.

Best,
    Andy"

Thanks

Haven't even scratched the surface yet but a few early thoughts:

PROS
    - Scream Thy Last Scream, Vegetable Man, In The Beechwoods!
    - Stockholm 67! Great! Don't think that's truly Reaction In G though.
    - Zabriskie Outtakes are surprisingly very interesting. Thought by this point we'd bled the well dry but was very wrong. Great addition.
    - BBC 1970 and 1971 are satisfying. Thought 1971 exists in Stereo, the Mono sounds good and most casual fans will be very happy.
    - Capitol Records 68 Stuff and Most More Outtakes are really awesome. Theme Beat Version and Hollywood in particular. Though I agree it's obvious they bit from Song 1 to make Hollywood, clearly why they named the track Hollywood!
    - OBC 2016 - LOVE IT.
    - Blu Rays are great. Bravo PF

CONS
    - BBC 67 stuff is crap. RiG and STC are real disappointments. Those old Carlisle Radio boots have been obsolete for years. I'm glad I have better versions, but most fans won't. Hope they will release an upgraded stand alone BBC set.
    - Pompeii Audio Disc ... still thinking. The new mix is interesting. Some tracks (aSOS, Echoes) sound awesome. Some (STC, OOTD) sound shit. OOTD in particular is really weird. The drums sound horrible. On my first rip of STC i had some annoying static during the build up to the middle section... maybe a bad rip will try again (Anyone else hearing this?)
    - Still very disappointed about the whole Seabirds thing.
    Last edited by CanadaMike; 2016-11-16 at 08:26 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by abronsius View Post
    very nice Nills! I love most of these covers - and really like your set of photos especially some of the photos which are new and were from this box set...

regarding the MONTREUX cover, it's for an imaginary-dreamy CD release ? Because we only have "Atom Heart Mother". So, it can only be a EP if we add at the beginning the Astronomy Domine SBD version which was shared here. That said, 2 tracks like this is better than nothing and the audience recording is still damned good (Fat Old Sun...wow!) and gives us another perspective of the same show which is always a fascinating experience...
    Thank you!

Montreux...i was so happy with the recording that i spend a full "album". It was hard to split all the content anyway 😄

Best,
    Nils

Thanks

I haven't seen much love for the Atom Heart Mother early studio version!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by metallian View Post
    I haven't seen much love for the Atom Heart Mother early studio version!
    It is very good and interesting and I'll definitely put it on a lot in the future.
    But it's a shame that David and Rick didn't record any vocals like they did in concert. That wold have made it epic imho

Thanks

received my box yesterday and dove straight into the dvds (no bluray player here yet...) and i'm just overwhelmed. the quality of all the footage i've watched is just wonderful.

and just the 12 minutes footage of zappa playing with the floyd makes buying the box worthwhile for me. seeing how nick gives frank a nod as to when to start his first solo is priceless. and then when frank starts his second solo, and it does not really gel at the beginning, but then the floyd start adjusting to him and a minute later they're all jamming together perfectly.... just glorious.

just too bad the film people did not catch the full 20 minutes of it.