Page 159 of 219 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169209 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 2189

Thread: Pink floyd the early years 1965-1972

Thanks
    Thanked 1,271 Times in 39 Posts

I know I'm probably the only one here who doesn't know this.... But how the hell did they get away with dropping the f-bomb on "Candy and a Currant Bun"?!
    It's so lovely hearing these old singles again. They sound pristine and totally vital as ever - Especially "Apples and Oranges" and "Vegetable Man"!

Oh yeah, just one question: So basically all the 67-69 BBC stuff is better on HRV's RevB than on the box? I'm very sorry to have to ask as I'm sure someone's already said.
    Last edited by tezeta; 2016-11-18 at 10:07 PM.
    COME AND SEE THE PRETTY LIGHTS

Thanks
    Thanked 2,567 Times in 144 Posts

And why is the Live in Pompeii Disc not in the correct order with this release?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,685 Times in 55 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by radiowaves View Post
    Since they decided to merge the 2 parts of Echoes to have the full song, they had to have a different track order anyway.

It has been said that a proper Bluray release of "Live At Pompeii" could be in the pipe, and should be more faithful to the movie (let's hope they get rid of the horrible Director's Cut).

Thanks
    Thanked 7,871 Times in 155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by radiowaves View Post
    Two Echoes merged and no Madameouselle Nobs
    Click here to access my Pink Floyd lists!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,867 Times in 326 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by buffalofloyd View Post
    no Madameouselle Nobs
    Which is an heavy mistreat!
    "Im full of dust and guitars...." (Syd Barrett - Rolling Stone - December 1971)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tezeta View Post
    I know I'm probably the only one here who doesn't know this.... But how the hell did they get away with dropping the f-bomb on "Candy and a Currant Bun"?!
    It's so lovely hearing these old singles again. They sound pristine and totally vital as ever - Especially "Apples and Oranges" and "Vegetable Man"!

Oh yeah, just one question: So basically all the 67-69 BBC stuff is better on HRV's RevB than on the box? I'm very sorry to have to ask as I'm sure someone's already said.
    Apparently "Let There Beeb More Light" is the one to get if you want the best sounding versions of the poor versions in the box. And yeah, it's pretty crazy they let Syd sing the F-word. But are we absolutely sure he sings "Please just F*ck* with me, because to me it sounds more like *Please just walk with me" or "Fork with me" whatever they means.

Thanks

Is there any big differences between Blu-Rays and DVDs?

Thanks

About 2x the resolution and 5x the storage on BRs than the DVDs. If you mean image/audio quality in this set, there is a difference on some video/film sources than others, depending on the quality of the original. Some of the really low quality video is not really much better looking on the BRs than the DVDs
    Last edited by Kit Rae; 2016-11-18 at 11:20 PM.
    www.bigmuffpage.com

David Gilmour Tone Building - gear and tone guide
    http://www.kitrae.net/music/David_Gi..._Building.html

Thanks
    Thanked 10,700 Times in 129 Posts

Finally worked up the courage to check out the Pompeii 5.1 remix.

long sigh...

As already mentioned, it suffers from the same mastering disaster as the Meddle and OBC remixes with BLINDING high end. At the same time you hear strong noise reduction artifacts (full on under water effect) so it sounds like every instrument is run through a phaser and all the air/ambience is gone despite the hearing loss inducing high frequency bombardment. Utterly ruined and unlistenable.

Something's sure wrong when 42 year old mag film print audio sounds better preserved.

For such an amazing set with top rate professional mastering work for all the other audio content, these glaring disasters for these big ticket 5.1 remixes is shocking and appalling.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,871 Times in 155 Posts

To Everyone With Defective Discs...

REPLACEMENT OF FAULTY EARLY YEARS DISCS

Following reported problems from fans, a small batch of faulty Blu-ray discs from the Early Years 1965-1972 box set have been identified: the 1972 'Obfusc/ation' Blu-ray and bonus package 'Continu/ation' Blu-ray 1.

A disc replacement service has now been set up via fulfilment house Docdata. Purchasers with a non-playing copy of PFREY6BD or PREFY7BD1 should contact them at customerserviceteam@warnermusic.com and they will arrange a replacement disc.

We apologise for the inconvenience and stress that this may have caused to box purchasers, although we have ascertained that this unavoidable damage could not have been predicted.

The Official Link Is Here... http://www.pinkfloyd.com/news/index.php
    Click here to access my Pink Floyd lists!