Page 167 of 220 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177217 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 2195

Thread: Pink floyd the early years 1965-1972

Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pittylabelle View Post
    Ron, do you have watched the Essen 1969 portions too so far?

If so, do you think these are upgrades in comparison of my previous torrents of the 2016 TV broadcast in HD?
    I've gone through it all and with the exception of Live at Pompeii I'd say that all videos are upgrades, IMHO. Some more significant than others.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,051 Times in 157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe59 View Post
    I ripped all CDs with iTunes w/o any issues. Ripped all Blu-rays (to MKV) w/DVDFab 9.
    I'm not sure how iTunes works but do you have options for 'secure ripping' like dBpoweramp and EAC? Does it just rip in something like a 'burst' mode which doesn't have error recovery?
    Click here to access my Pink Floyd lists!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by buffalofloyd View Post
    I'm not sure how iTunes works but do you have options for 'secure ripping' like dBpoweramp and EAC? Does it just rip in something like a 'burst' mode which doesn't have error recovery?
    There is an error recovery option. Never had any issues ripping with iTunes.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buffalofloyd View Post
    Has anyone who ripped "1968 Germin/ation [2016] [PFREY2-CD]" for personal back-up had issues with the last two tracks ripping insecurely? I use dBpoweramp and keep having lots of trouble with these tracks. Once it's finally ripped I don't hear or see any errors but it makes me nervous.
    I ripped with eac in secure mode without any problems.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,051 Times in 157 Posts

There is an error recovery option. Never had any issues ripping with iTunes.
    Quote Originally Posted by pfcd View Post
    I ripped with eac in secure mode without any problems.
    Ok, thanks guys, it must just be my disc which actually looks like it has some scratching on the outer edge of the disc. That must be the culprit.
    Click here to access my Pink Floyd lists!

Thanks

Question

Has the Hakone Aphrodite open air festival footage received an audio upgrade or is this just me?
    Last edited by Sam; 2016-11-20 at 09:08 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bert13 View Post
    Regardless the sub-par sound quality of the early BBC tracks on the Early Years set, when lossy sourced material sounds better than any available lossless sources I don't have any problems with them being lossy. Ultimately I judge sound quality with my ears, not with my eyes or with a pre-conceived conception of lossy sources being inferior.
    Quote Originally Posted by tezeta View Post
    Well put Bert! It will take measured consensus in the community before we can label any particular cut as "better-sounding" on the box, or this boot, or that boot.
    Consensus can get complicated when some sources sound better listening through certain setups, but not others. For example, the July 1970 stereo BBC tracks on the HRV and LTBML collections sound OK to me, but when I listen with headphones or in my car, that odd stereo field sounds out of phase or something. In that case I would rather hear the mono versions, and the mono on the Devi/ation disk sounds excellent.

Overall, I found the HRV 1968 and 1971 tracks sound superior to the the Early Years versions. For the 1967-72 tracks on the Continu/ation CD, and the 1969 tracks on the Dramatis/ation CD, I think the LTBML versions sound best and have the most clarity, but the HRV versions are more pleasing to the ear when using head phones.

Too many versions to choose from.
    www.bigmuffpage.com

David Gilmour Tone Building - gear and tone guide
    http://www.kitrae.net/music/David_Gi..._Building.html

Thanks
    Thanked 8,298 Times in 104 Posts

I never liked the fake stereo version of the 1970 BBC Sessions, people were complaining that they didn't release this in true stereo on the box set but it's only been broadcast by the BBC in mono and as far as I know a true stereo mix isn't known to exist. I don't mind, it sounds glorious in mono, and it sounds just great on the Devi/ation CD.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,580 Times in 144 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bert13 View Post
    I never liked the fake stereo version of the 1970 BBC Sessions, people were complaining that they didn't release this in true stereo on the box set but it's only been broadcast by the BBC in mono and as far as I know a true stereo mix isn't known to exist. I don't mind, it sounds glorious in mono, and it sounds just great on the Devi/ation CD.
    The AHM tracks from the BBC sessions are far to low end. I have listened to FOS and the Bass drum is drowning most of the sound out. The ZP tracks sound okay, but there is a better improvement available from Creemcheese and Wromanus. I haven't heard the Meddle tracks yet.

I think anyone who has a final big collection of boots from 1967 to 1972 would have made a better sounding compilation than what was output with this set. In no way is it worth $500. They are selling and remixing bootlegs IMHO
    Last edited by radiowaves; 2016-11-20 at 09:42 PM.

Thanks

I've gone through it all and with the exception of Live at Pompeii I'd say that all videos are upgrades, IMHO. Some more significant than others.
    I've only started to get into the videos but so far I've been AMAZED at the quality of this footage. The clips that previously needed upgrading now look great and the clips that looked really good before now look even better! Can't wait to see the rest.