Page 168 of 219 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178218 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 2189

Thread: Pink floyd the early years 1965-1972

Thanks
    Thanked 8,106 Times in 104 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by radiowaves View Post
    The AHM tracks from the BBC sessions are far to low end. I have listened to FOS and the Bass drum is drowning most of the sound out. The ZP tracks sound okay, but there is a better improvement available from Creemcheese and Wromanus. I haven't heard the Meddle tracks yet.

I think anyone who has a final big collection of boots from 1967 to 1972 would have made a better sounding compilation than what was output with this set. In no way is it worth $500. They are selling and remixing bootlegs IMHO
    I disagree. I dislike the jacked up high end on the new Pompeii and OBC mixes (which I can adjust with some EQ if I want) and I hate the noise reduction they used on some of the material which I can't undo but overall I'm pretty pleased with a lot of the material and I only just began to explore the video content. The feeling of pleasure is much bigger than any discontent I am feeling. It could have been better, sure, and some curious misjudgements and bad choices have been made but I'm afraid there's always something to complain about. You can go on and on with that but it won't go away, it is what it is.
    Last edited by Bert13; 2016-11-20 at 09:55 PM.

Thanks

The AHM tracks from the BBC sessions are far to low end. I have listened to FOS and the Bass drum is drowning most of the sound out. The ZP tracks sound okay, but there is a better improvement available from Creemcheese and Wromanus. I haven't heard the Meddle tracks yet.

I think anyone who has a final big collection of boots from 1967 to 1972 would have made a better sounding compilation than what was output with this set. In no way is it worth $500. They are selling and remixing bootlegs IMHO
    I totally disagree, and there is no basis in your statement that they're using bootlegs. If they used bootlegs the quality of the BBC tracks would have been better. And while the BBC sessions may be inferior quality in some cases, the new upgrades, never-released audio, and the quad and 5.1 mixes far outweigh the few negative elements of the box. The MQR ZP audio isn't better than the tracks included in this release and in some cases they're not even close. And that's not even taking into account the the videos, a comprehensive collection and all upgrades, IMHO.

And I paid less than $400 for my box. I think some of us would have paid that just for the Stockholm 67 audio.

Thanks

96/24 Meddle 5.1 and Stereo mix. Roger Waters pulls it late into the project, because he never got to hear Andy Jacksons mix.
    We all know the secret messages on The wall and Amused to death 2015 you can hear now.
    I think David Gilmour is having a Bit of a laugh at Rogers expense, with this f-cking big Easter egg.
    I love the politics of this band. 

Thanks
    Thanked 2,567 Times in 144 Posts

Lads. I'm not touching this Boxset.

It's far too expensive and the tracks used are out there as bootlegs. I'm not on this thread to argue, but just stating a point of view from a collector for over 20 years.

Thanks

Lads. I'm not touching this Boxset.

It's far too expensive and the tracks used are out there as bootlegs. I'm not on this thread to argue, but just stating a point of view from a collector for over 20 years.
    So, you're on this thread to complain about something you don't touch while you've been a collector for over 20 years. Are you done now?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,567 Times in 144 Posts

Not yet. Every single track and vids is available in bootlegs. When I get the chance, I'll reproduce this box set for my own needs. I don't go for flashy packaging with their box sets. Fools and their money

Thanks

Not yet. Every single track and vids is available in bootlegs. When I get the chance, I'll reproduce this box set for my own needs. I don't go for flashy packaging with their box sets. Fools and their money
    I know what that will look like: 25 versions of the same old material to brag about without even the slightest clue about sound quality. Good luck with that.

Thanks

Not yet. Every single track and vids is available in bootlegs. When I get the chance, I'll reproduce this box set for my own needs.
    So you have the Amougies footage with Zappa playing with the band then? You have the John Latham and Stockholme material on bootlegs as well? Why didn't you tell us before! Nobody likes a hoarder.

Thanks

Every single track and vids is available in bootlegs.
    Okay, now you're just trolling this thread.

Fools and their money.
    There's only one person here that's making a fool of themselves.
    Last edited by Roscoe59; 2016-11-21 at 12:09 AM.

Thanks

That is simply just not true.
    Did you even check the contents before making that statement?