Page 169 of 220 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179219 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 2195

Thread: Pink floyd the early years 1965-1972

Thanks
    Thanked 2,580 Times in 144 Posts

You are all kidding yourselves. There is nothing like a grainy video of Syd singing Jugband blues because that was the way it was recorded. And plus the fact that there are Cassettes out there containing this material. I would rather hear Syd singing on a bootleg than to listen to a Digitized remix. Where has bootlegging got to? I have tons of all these tracks that I uploaded on Y.

Hoarder? Check my uploads.

Troll? Who are you? If you were all around when Y started, BEFORE 2006, you would know who I am.

Digitized remixes are crap. Give me an old fashioned Tape and compare the differences. Raw vs Digital. I downloaded the footage with Zappa from a Hub years ago and still have it.

If you all want to attack me for saying this, go ahead. But every single track in this stupid collection is a finger to the real fans who released their recordings.

BTW. David is a blow in. Syd started the band and made them famous. Who is making the money from these digital releases?
    Last edited by radiowaves; 2016-11-21 at 12:25 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,298 Times in 104 Posts

Yes, I've seen you around since 2006 bragging about your collection. The more you post, the more you're making a fool of yourself. You've made your point, are you done now?

Thanks

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by radiowaves View Post
    I think anyone who has a final big collection of boots from 1967 to 1972 would have made a better sounding compilation than what was output with this set. In no way is it worth $500. They are selling and remixing bootlegs IMHO
    Way overstated. I'll grant you that they screwed up the BBC sessions and that the mastering falls short in places. If you think previously available sources can touch Stockholm, Paradiso, or ZP, not to mention the video, I don't know what to tell you. Given the amount of time I spent trying to pull together Total Eclipse Revisited, I am confident in that statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe59 View Post
    And I paid less than $400 for my box.
    Yeah, thanks for telling us. I tried to pay less than $400 and got screwed by the vendor. Since I don't want to wait until next month to get my physical box, I ended up paying very near list price. Now it is sitting in some godforsaken warehouse about 50 miles from me.
    Seeking the following:
    • PIL
    • Arcade Fire
    • My Bloody Valentine

Thanks

To be honest the only reason I haven't ordered this set is because I can't afford it! Would love to have a copy but there you go!

Thanks

Lads. I'm not touching this Boxset.

It's far too expensive and the tracks used are out there as bootlegs. I'm not on this thread to argue, but just stating a point of view from a collector for over 20 years.
    Agreed. All this is the 50 year copyright,they are terrified in case someone else decided to cash in all this bootleg material.

Thanks

We have a troll and now a conspiracy theorist, I see a thread lock in the not so distant future.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by darryll View Post
    I think what radiowaves is trying to say in so many words is that if this were priced reasonably, around $300 most of us would be able to justify and afford to get it.

Those of us aren't buying it because of price I'm sure are very frustrated and would love to own it.

I don't think it hurts to have that viewpoint out in the public domain so that perhaps the price would come down.
    Right. Had it been a budget package of packed up discs, there would be little bickering or "controversy".

Thanks

I feel like I'm listening to a broken record. I'm out of here. Have fun whining guys.

Thanks

BTW. David is a blow in. Syd started the band and made them famous. Who is making the money from these digital releases?
    Are you suggesting David schemed to benefit financially from this set at Syd's expense? According to what I've always heard, the band and especially David worked to ensure Syd and his family/estate were taken care of appropriately. He also made a point of including some of Syd's songs on PF and solo tour live releases - which would generate income. Not to mention overseeing the 2010 "Introduction..." release.

You're clearly fishing for reasons to crap on this release.
    I am you and what I see is me.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,288 Times in 39 Posts

I'm preaching to the choir here... but why can't some people just be happy that this set exists, as opposed to not existing at all, at the end of the day? I consider it a huge blessing to fans like us here at Y!, especially at this specific point in time.
    Sure, it's far from perfect. But if you'd rather be in a world where Floyd decided "to hell with it" and threw away any possibility of an official early singles/rarities collection being released... why are you posting in this thread?
    COME AND SEE THE PRETTY LIGHTS