Page 17 of 220 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Pink floyd the early years 1965-1972

Thanks

I'm freakig out right now, please correct me if I'm wrong but the original version of "See Emily Play" clocked in at more than 8 minutes (freak out jam included). It says the version being released in this set is 8:57!!!

Am I the only one freaking out about this???

The orginal take of "See Emily Play" before it was cut up into pieces! Is this possible???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by b_squared View Post
    From a quick scan, this is what I see that we don't already have:

• The Committee movie and soundtrack
    That's been out on DVD for ages, complete with a making-of / interviews extra.
    "Dear Karl Dallas
    This is the first and probably the last time I shall write to a member of your normally ignoble calling. I thought your piece on Animals in the MM was extremely perceptive, lucid and humane. To at last receive such tangible evidence that someone has copped it all, and explained it all so well to the great unwashed, lightened the load no end: Thank you!
    Yours sincerely, Roger Waters"

Thanks
    Thanked 8,070 Times in 157 Posts

This looks super cool and I bet almost all of it is upgrades to what we have currently. This is very expensive and my guess is only the die hards, like most people on this forum, will be purchasing this. I wish they would've packaged it differently though. For me personally I wished they just coalesced all video and audio material to blu-rays, with the audio being in 24/48 or 24/96. I personally have no use for cd's or dvd's anymore and everything they are putting on dvd's they could've just combined on less blu-rays. It would save space but the marketing would suffer and the moniker of "27 Discs" wouldn't seem so amazing if it was downsized to let's say 10 discs that were blu-ray. Anyway, it still looks amazing and I really am looking forward to AHM 4.0. Echoes quad is such a freaking tease, I mean, it's the best song off the album but I want all of Meddled in quad. Maybe we will get milked at a later date for that
    Click here to access my Pink Floyd lists!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pinksydfloyd View Post
    I'm freakig out right now, please correct me if I'm wrong but the original version of "See Emily Play" clocked in at more than 8 minutes (freak out jam included). It says the version being released in this set is 8:57!!!

Am I the only one freaking out about this???

The orginal take of "See Emily Play" before it was cut up into pieces! Is this possible???
    It's gotta be a typo. It's not listed as being previously unreleased so suspect it's the single version we all know!

Thanks

storm

Quote Originally Posted by darryll View Post
    I'm at work so I haven't the time to read this whole thread or the Steve Hoffman one so I apologize if this is something that's already been discussed....

But I really don't think I'll be able to justify spending this if what I've seen so far is correct.

According to Amazon I would be buying 8 Blue Rays and 9 DVDs????

1. I don't have, nor intend to get a Blue Ray player.

2. Why would anyone whether they have a Blue Ray player or just a DVD player need both formats?

Also, I'm praying that the price per disc comes down. I thought the reason historically box discs came into existence was to give a lot for better price than if you were to buy the stuff individually.

Content is amazing, but still...
    The initial pricing of the 2011 Discovery box set (over $20 per disc) proved that buying in bulk aint true any more for "high profile" music. Agree on all points, except I have a Blu Ray player. Seems weird they didn't put it ALL on Blu Ray -OR- a DVD version of everything, instead of combining. Am looking forward to the "individual" releases in 2017...no matter what, this is exciting though!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FransT View Post
    I have seen the whole list on the fleeting glimpse website.
    I've read it two times and really have to say:

What a brilliant job did the Harvested team en all other good people overhere at Yeeshkul over the years!
    Al lot, and i mean A LOT of all the gems they gave us over the years are in this new boxset!

Keeps me wondering: Did someone tell Mason & Loasby about the labour of love of all these good people and what they unearthed?
    Do they finally understand how important it all was?
    Yes they do. I've been helping Lana with this for the past 2 years. Even sent them all the anthology discs. The info from Y helped them track things down.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe59 View Post
    Yes they do. I've been helping Lana with this for the past 2 years. Even sent them all the anthology discs. The info from Y helped them track things down.
    It would be so nice if they do give you and the Harvested team a mention in the credits. That would be well deserved.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by goldenband View Post
    Absolutely astonishing stuff. Some thoughts:

- When I was a teenager, 20-25 years ago, I had a dream that I stumbled upon an unknown Pink Floyd album called "Bonus Surprise" that had all kinds of unreleased material. The fact that the last volume of this set is called "Bonus Continu/ation" is pretty surreal for me.

- Like movement, I wonder if Experiment is a John Latham track.

- In the Beechwoods!!

- ASOS outtakes!! One also hopes a mono ASOS is coming our way in 2018, of course, but this is big.

- Official versions of the More outtakes!! The alternate vocal take of Cymbaline would have been nice, but who knows if that even exists in their archives. Same with the alternate mix of Green is the Colour, i.e. with drums.

- Some live recordings we might have expected to see that aren't there: 1970-01-23, or anything else from French radio. Additional footage from 1969-04-14 that Roger mentioned in interviews, with sawing wood and such.

- The complete absence of Ummagumma stuff suggests that an updated version of that might be coming in 2019. (Either that, or the Mother's guy would be able to legally release at least some of his tapes -- something I doubt the band wants.)

- Amsterdam '69 ends The Man with a track called Labyrinth? Could be a typo.

- I'm a little skeptical about the Zappa footage -- any chance it could be a combination of professional audio with a slideshow? Given the historical importance of that moment, I can imagine they might make compromises to get it on there.

- Anything in the Zabriskie material we don't already have? I'm guessing not, but it'll probably sound better than ever.

- A studio quartet version of AHM! Plus, on the live front, it's a good sign that they included what is (IMHO) the single best quartet version of AHM the band ever played, Montreux 1970-11-21. One assumes there's a complete tape in the archives, but at least we're very well-covered for that show.

- Speaking of AHM, some interesting choices at work here. What audio will they use for the Hakone performance? It'd be very clever to use one of the audience tapes, even if synching it is essentially impossible. And the Bath performance is listed at only 3:46 -- I wonder what that's about?

- Will Nothing Part 14 be Echoes with the space lyrics? One can only hope!

- No Blues included in the 1971 session, as one might have guessed, though there was room on the disc.

- As I recall we know they have multitracks of at least one performance from 1973, and it would have been great to have a soundboard version of OBC/WYI -- a track that really comes alive in live performance -- but understandably it doesn't fit with the 1966-1972 mandate.

- ...but then again they've included Echoes from Wembley 1974, which finally completes the Wembley set, but is even further from that range of years.
    it looks like a "Blues" is included on the bonus continu/ation disc,maybe they crammed it there?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 Times in 11 Posts

I'm sure that François is upset that this isn't a 50 disc set.

Thanks

I'm going to be honest, I'm a bit disappointed with the Syd Barrett period. I was expecting to see much more material with Syd.

-Interstellar Overdrive (1966)
    -I Get Stoned (Stoned Alone) 1966
    -Reaction In G (Studio Take)
    -Bike (Alternate Vocals)
    -Alternate Takes
    -Never Before Seen Footage of the Eary Floyd (Syd backstage tap dancing)

Had high expectations for this set...