Page 170 of 219 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180 ... LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 2189

Thread: Pink floyd the early years 1965-1972

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mooncusser View Post
    Are you suggesting David schemed to benefit financially from this set at Syd's expense? According to what I've always heard, the band and especially David worked to ensure Syd and his family/estate were taken care of appropriately. He also made a point of including some of Syd's songs on PF and solo tour live releases - which would generate income. Not to mention overseeing the 2010 "Introduction..." release.

You're clearly fishing for reasons to crap on this release.
    Syd Barrett sold all his solo recording's to E.M.I well before David Gilmour covered them live!
    Last edited by dellboy; 2016-11-21 at 03:31 AM.

Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by radiowaves View Post
    There should be a get together in the light of this box set. Harvested releases are far more superior. The only difference with this release and the good sounded bootlegs are the fade outs in the tracks. Meddle and Pompeii are a mess and the fact that no one has reported that some of the track are lossy sourced is a headache. There is a better version of The Man And The Journey available here on Y, and also the Dramatis-ation disc sounds flooded with sound, too high, and barely a bass drum to be heard
    You haven't bought the set, so how do you know what it sounds like? Have you been bootlegging it? Are you seriously saying that the boxset, which is aimed at punters, is a niche release that is a limited run and is priced accordingly, is way too overpriced, so you will bootleg it?

What are you doing on Yeeshkul?

Thanks

Well and how then to be with the right choice and the right to their own opinions?

Are they canceled, and I slept through this event?

Take it easy

Resourcefulness and bravery
    Courage and good luck!
    In trouble don't get confused-
    That's the main challenge!

TBS14

Thanks

If you remember the "unofficial" releases (say of the BBC tracks) sounding better than the versions in this box, you might want to go back and do a fresh comparison. It can be eye-opening. Despite some whining earlier in the week, I'm more copacetic about the 1970/71 BBC sessions.

Notable exception: the 1967 BBC tracks on the Continuation disc. My memory that the ROIO release(s) are a million times better was spot on.

I agree that the video tracks are generally better, some surprisingly so. I suspect the video is where the heavy lifting and heavy cost came in.

As to those who diss the quality of tracks they've never heard, I think we can safely disregard such judgements.

Thanks

I have not listen to everything yet, but my main disappointment comes from Pompeii. There are some artifacts and noises in the middle of Set the controls. And... why having kept this infamous director's cut with all theses awful CGI ?

The second disappointment comes from BBC 1967. I was hoping for good sources, but...

Having listen to the 5.1 mix and Nothing part 14, I have to say : come on, deliver us a Meddle immersion set or something like this with Nothing part 1 to ... (you have it !)
    Fearlessly, the idiot faced the crowd...

Smiling...

Thanks

I am very sorry about this, but it is possible that when this boxset will be sold in parts, can be used sources with better sound...

What can prevent to sell a second "panama" after the first?

Resourcefulness and bravery
    Courage and good luck!
    In trouble don't get confused-
    That's the main challenge!

TBS14

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by radiowaves View Post
    You are all kidding yourselves. There is nothing like a grainy video of Syd singing Jugband blues because that was the way it was recorded. And plus the fact that there are Cassettes out there containing this material. I would rather hear Syd singing on a bootleg than to listen to a Digitized remix. Where has bootlegging got to? I have tons of all these tracks that I uploaded on Y.

Hoarder? Check my uploads.

Troll? Who are you? If you were all around when Y started, BEFORE 2006, you would know who I am.

Digitized remixes are crap. Give me an old fashioned Tape and compare the differences. Raw vs Digital. I downloaded the footage with Zappa from a Hub years ago and still have it.

If you all want to attack me for saying this, go ahead. But every single track in this stupid collection is a finger to the real fans who released their recordings.

BTW. David is a blow in. Syd started the band and made them famous. Who is making the money from these digital releases?
    You're not a making very much sense.
    You say you're not a hoarder, but still claiming to have had the Zappa footage for years?? Without letting anyone on Y! know about it?? What do you call it then?
    Just curious.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thebelgiangnome View Post
    I have not listen to everything yet, but my main disappointment comes from Pompeii. There are some artifacts and noises in the middle of Set the controls. And... why having kept this infamous director's cut with all theses awful CGI ?

The second disappointment comes from BBC 1967. I was hoping for good sources, but...

Having listen to the 5.1 mix and Nothing part 14, I have to say : come on, deliver us a Meddle immersion set or something like this with Nothing part 1 to ... (you have it !)
    A bit disappointed by Early years box ( received from Amazon.it and luckily everything is perfect ), it's a bit too expensive but I am happy to listen to AHM in quad ( and the early take and ZP too! )!

Nothing 1 to 24 inside a Meddle Immersion box? My holy grail, I am not rich but I am ready to pay the same!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by darryll View Post
    I think what radiowaves is trying to say in so many words is that if this were priced reasonably, around $300 most of us would be able to justify and afford to get it.

Those of us aren't buying it because of price I'm sure are very frustrated and would love to own it.

I don't think it hurts to have that viewpoint out in the public domain so that perhaps the price would come down.
    I agree.

And the irritating exclusion of certain material if you buy the separate releases. They are repeating what they did w/ the 'Shine On' box: the 'Early Singles' digi-pack was exclusive to that box. But the remastered CD's could be bought separately, including the new artwork. But why always this fan-insulting "exclusive" material. As if the box itself and the book that is included in it wasn't enough. I remember that it only resulted in bootlegs of 'The Early Singels' on a separate CD. I could buy them on record collector faire.

Anyway, it's great to see this stuff finally released.