Page 19 of 219 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast

Thread: Pink floyd the early years 1965-1972

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe59 View Post
    Nope. And anyone who is disappointed by this is a victim of their own expectations.
    I hear what you are saying, but I want to know more. If there are recordings available (Biding My Time?!?) why aren't they on here? If they don't exist or are irreparable (first half of Meddle quad?) then tell us. Sometimes the suits get ideas in their head that things aren't any good but it turns out we want them and even like them. (Rhamadam!) I know we're just finding out first details today but there is plenty of information that has not come out yet.
    Seeking the following:
    • PIL
    • Arcade Fire
    • My Bloody Valentine

Thanks

It was 1967, dude! Few shows were recorded back then and Pink Floyd wasn't that big of a deal at the time.
    Sad, but very true. The art of recording live shows was only just starting in the States... there's not many British live shows that were recorded officially or unofficially before then largely because the technology of the time was absolutely lousy. I know Joe Boyd said that "Games For May" was blighted by the fact Syd's vocals were barely audible and the show as a whole was technically demanding to the degree it pushed the limits of what was possible then so had any recording been made, I doubt it would had been very listenable or intelligible. EMI nor Norman Smith would had thought of recording the show either since at that point, they had only issued one single, PATGOD was still being recorded so they had absolutely no idea if they had any commercial quality to warrant the expense. Also at that point, EMI's remote recording unit was limited to just two track... they didn't switch to 4 track remote recording until mid 1968. There was a Hollies show in Lewisham recorded in May 1968 using the EMI remote truck and yep, just like them early Beatles stereo things - all vocals on one track, everything else on the other!

Games For May wasn't recorded. A shame, but that's that. We just have to accept it.

Thanks

It was 1967, dude! Few shows were recorded back then and Pink Floyd wasn't that big of a deal at the time.
    Yea but we have things like a full CD from the band Tomorrow from the UFO that was recorded the same night Floyd played, there are also lots of live stuff from the same time from more obscure bands, it just seems some type of bad luck that Syd Era live stuff just does not exist. Someone should have thought to at least make a simple recording of Games for May. Thank god Anders recorded them when they played at his venue and kept the tape prsitine after all these years, if not for him we'd have nothing as far as good quality stereo live Syd era floyd.
    Last edited by swanlee; 2016-07-28 at 07:01 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bobbydjr View Post
    Pink Floyd - The Early Years 1965-1972 Promo Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeK_...ature=youtu.be
    Can you please send me video to my inbox?
    I doesnt play on YouTube in my country...
    It would be so very nice if i could see this too!

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI Y625-U51 mit Tapatalk

Thanks

I quite astonished and very excited about this - truly something I've hoped for, fantastic.

So excited - did I say that already?

Thanks

Slightly off topic, do you think they'll release a later years box set?

Thanks

Talking Surrealism and life

Quote Originally Posted by goldenband View Post

- When I was a teenager, 20-25 years ago, I had a dream that I stumbled upon an unknown Pink Floyd album called "Bonus Surprise" that had all kinds of unreleased material. The fact that the last volume of this set is called "Bonus Continu/ation" is pretty surreal for me.
    I willingly share my surrealism. In 1983 (I was 16) I had a dream: Pink Floyd are on the Red Square by the Mausoleum (tipsy, with all the attributes in the hands) and sing Another brick in the wall (part 2)... Well, who would believe it??? Six years later I felt like a Master of the Universe
    Last edited by YASHA; 2016-07-28 at 07:07 PM.

Resourcefulness and bravery
    Courage and good luck!
    In trouble don't get confused-
    That's the main challenge!

TBS14

pickard11 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Slightly off topic, do you think they'll release a later years box set?
    The Wall 5.1 would tie in nicely!

near Liverpool England, just across the Mersey on The Wirral
    Thanks

https://youtu.be/aeK_Kxv6aOs

Individual releases for everything except the bonus contin/uation material in 2017.
    Last edited by tonmc57; 2016-07-28 at 07:11 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by movement View Post
    I hear what you are saying, but I want to know more. If there are recordings available (Biding My Time?!?) why aren't they on here? If they don't exist or are irreparable (first half of Meddle quad?) then tell us. Sometimes the suits get ideas in their head that things aren't any good but it turns out we want them and even like them. (Rhamadam!) I know we're just finding out first details today but there is plenty of information that has not come out yet.
    Then tell us? Such entitlement!

Andy Jackson confirmed that only Echoes was mixed in Quad.