Page 199 of 219 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 2189

Thread: Pink floyd the early years 1965-1972

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kit Rae View Post
    It's the Meddle 5.1 and Meddle stereo remix that were hidden, not the he Pompeii 5.1 video.
    Crap... you're right! Thanks. Got caught up in the moment. Time to delete.
    1984-06-06 David Gilmour, Pine Knob Music Theater, Clarkston, Michigan
    1985-03-19 Roger Waters, Joe Louis Arena, Detroit, Michigan
    1987-09-08 Roger Waters, Pine Knob Music Theater, Clarkston, Michigan
    1988-08-16 Pink Floyd, The Palace Of Auburn Hills, Auburn Hills, Michigan
    1988-08-17 Pink Floyd, The Palace Of Auburn Hills, Auburn Hills, Michigan
    1994-07-14 Pink Floyd, Pontiac Silverdome, Pontiac, Michigan
    1994-07-15 Pink Floyd, Pontiac Silverdome, Pontiac, Michigan
    1999-07-25 Roger Waters, Pine Knob Music Theater, Clarkston, Michigan
    1999-07-27 Roger Waters, Gund Arena, Cleveland, Ohio
    1999-08-25 Roger Waters, Van Andel Arena, Grand Rapids, Michigan
    2012-06-19 Roger Waters, Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, Tennessee
    2015-09-25 David Gilmour, The Royal Albert Hall, London,England
    2016-03-25 David Gilmour, Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles, California
    2016-07-08 David Gilmour, Anfiteatro Scavi, Pompeii, Italy
    2019-03-25 Nick Mason's A Saucerful of Secrets, Jones Hall, Houston, Texas
    2019-06-06 Brit Floyd, Red Rocks, Denver, Colorado
    2022-02-15 Nick Mason's A Saucerful of Secrets, Denver, Colorado - postponed

Thanks

Thumbs up Echoes quad mix

I finally took the opportunity to set up my 5.1* system and am listening to the Echoes quad mix for the first time. Wow! I love it. It is so dynamic and exciting. It is quite the opposite of most quad / 5.1 mixes that I have heard over the last decade - those amount to essentially an extended stereo mix. This is something else entirely. Here all four channels are used to their fullest extent. I wouldn't call it perfect by any stretch but it is so exciting that its flaws just enhance its character.

Any fan of the time period who doesn't hear this is missing out. Full stop.

* Uh, 5.0 thanks to a particularly loud passage during The Empire Strikes Back...oh well. A dead subwoofer makes a nice little table.
    Seeking the following:
    • PIL
    • Arcade Fire
    • My Bloody Valentine

Thanks
    Thanked 7,876 Times in 155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by movement View Post
    I finally took the opportunity to set up my 5.1* system and am listening to the Echoes quad mix for the first time. Wow! I love it. It is so dynamic and exciting. It is quite the opposite of most quad / 5.1 mixes that I have heard over the last decade - those amount to essentially an extended stereo mix. This is something else entirely. Here all four channels are used to their fullest extent. I wouldn't call it perfect by any stretch but it is so exciting that its flaws just enhance its character.

Any fan of the time period who doesn't hear this is missing out. Full stop.

* Uh, 5.0 thanks to a particularly loud passage during The Empire Strikes Back...oh well. A dead subwoofer makes a nice little table.
    Now take a listen to Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast. It sounds incredible, so immersive, you feel like your right in the kitchen and Nick is serving up some nice sausages
    Click here to access my Pink Floyd lists!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buffalofloyd View Post
    Now take a listen to Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast. It sounds incredible, so immersive, you feel like your right in the kitchen and Nick is serving up some nice sausages
    Yeah, I listened. I will admit that AHM is better in quad than in stereo. I'm just not a fan of APB, no matter how good it sounds. In fact I think it is the relative weakness of Ummagumma (studio side), AHM, and even Meddle that drove me down this crazy path in the first place. Sure the studio recordings have superior sound quality but I connect with the live performances much better as long as they are within reason sound-quality-wise.
    Seeking the following:
    • PIL
    • Arcade Fire
    • My Bloody Valentine

Thanks

Was lucky enough to find the boxset under the christmas tree a couple of days ago. This thread is so huge and the search engine didn't really help out so I want to ask about the bonus disc. My set doesn't have the Pompeii disc. Is it supposed to? It seems from the Facebook it should but from what I read before most of the people who got the Pompeii cd didn't get the OBC cd. Did some get the OBC but not the Pompeii?
    I kinda hope that someone here that has inside contacts can suggest that when/if they ever find anymore "lost" stuff (Ummagumma Mother's Tapes, Paris 70 complete and all the other various stuff others have mentioned here) that they have another Volume they could add to this and call it Re-Examin/ATION. I remember seeing the original cost of this box ($700) and thinking it should have been call Damn/ATION.

near Liverpool England, just across the Mersey on The Wirral
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moc622 View Post
    Was lucky enough to find the boxset under the christmas tree a couple of days ago. This thread is so huge and the search engine didn't really help out so I want to ask about the bonus disc. My set doesn't have the Pompeii disc. Is it supposed to? It seems from the Facebook it should but from what I read before most of the people who got the Pompeii cd didn't get the OBC cd. Did some get the OBC but not the Pompeii?
    I kinda hope that someone here that has inside contacts can suggest that when/if they ever find anymore "lost" stuff (Ummagumma Mother's Tapes, Paris 70 complete and all the other various stuff others have mentioned here) that they have another Volume they could add to this and call it Re-Examin/ATION. I remember seeing the original cost of this box ($700) and thinking it should have been call Damn/ATION.
    I'm just guessing, maybe you have a corrected box with the OBC disc in situ where it is supposed to be. The Pompeii disc was added by mistake, a mistake only spotted when the sets had been shrink wrapped, so rather than unwrap them and replace the Pompeii disc with OBC they added OBC separately (in a printed card sleeve in UK and a plain paper sleeve in the US). If all you unwrapped was the big black box maybe you should have a word with the person who did the wrapping to see if they did not mistakenly discard the separate disc...was the inner box containing the ''books'' shrink wrapped (it should have been).....Is it OBC in the 1972 book and not Pompeii ?....If it is OBC in the book I'm not sure if you will be able to get a Pompeii disc seeing as how it was not supposed to be included in the first place...What a bummer though man, you must be really disappointed..
    Last edited by tonmc57; 2016-12-27 at 12:45 PM.

Thanks

Which disc did you actually get? Pompeii or OBC? If you are referring to the loose disc that was outside the large black box, it was OBC. I had heard on SHF or another forum, that somebody had success getting it returned/replaced by Amazon to acquire the loose disc. For discs that had the menu error, use that link to Warner for replacement. I can personally say that worked, and I have recieved them

near Liverpool England, just across the Mersey on The Wirral
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by darryll View Post
    I don't follow that logic. Below is the quote from Pink Floyd's Facebook page. It doesn't state anything about whether something's in the correct place in the box or not.
    It's a bonus (obviously due to their error).

I fully expect it to be in mine. If not, I won't give up too easily getting either Amazon or Pink Floyd or Columbia from furnishing or compensating me for it.
    It's not logic it's FACT...So I take it you do not have the box then. It really is quite simple (here we go again) Pompeii was included by mistake therefore necessitating OBC to be included outside the main box, forget Facebook it was wrong.
    If Pompeii is not in the set you intend to get it's because you are late to the party and will be purchasing a set with OBC in where it is supposed to be, just take it that the Pompeii disc was a bonus early purchasers got because OBC was not where it was supposed to be, Amazon or Columbia have no obligation to provide compensation for something that was not officially supposed to be included in the first place so good luck with that one...There is no mention of the Pompeii CD in the ''book/s tracklisting''
    Last edited by tonmc57; 2016-12-27 at 05:12 PM.

Thanks

I got my set late and in the US. It was double boxed with two plain cardboard boxes and the inner box said "Main Release US" or something like that. OBC was in a colored paper sleeve inside the main black with white stripe outer box (aka van) but outside the shrink wrapped box with the discs. Pompeii was in the 1972 case.
    1984-06-06 David Gilmour, Pine Knob Music Theater, Clarkston, Michigan
    1985-03-19 Roger Waters, Joe Louis Arena, Detroit, Michigan
    1987-09-08 Roger Waters, Pine Knob Music Theater, Clarkston, Michigan
    1988-08-16 Pink Floyd, The Palace Of Auburn Hills, Auburn Hills, Michigan
    1988-08-17 Pink Floyd, The Palace Of Auburn Hills, Auburn Hills, Michigan
    1994-07-14 Pink Floyd, Pontiac Silverdome, Pontiac, Michigan
    1994-07-15 Pink Floyd, Pontiac Silverdome, Pontiac, Michigan
    1999-07-25 Roger Waters, Pine Knob Music Theater, Clarkston, Michigan
    1999-07-27 Roger Waters, Gund Arena, Cleveland, Ohio
    1999-08-25 Roger Waters, Van Andel Arena, Grand Rapids, Michigan
    2012-06-19 Roger Waters, Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, Tennessee
    2015-09-25 David Gilmour, The Royal Albert Hall, London,England
    2016-03-25 David Gilmour, Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles, California
    2016-07-08 David Gilmour, Anfiteatro Scavi, Pompeii, Italy
    2019-03-25 Nick Mason's A Saucerful of Secrets, Jones Hall, Houston, Texas
    2019-06-06 Brit Floyd, Red Rocks, Denver, Colorado
    2022-02-15 Nick Mason's A Saucerful of Secrets, Denver, Colorado - postponed

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tonmc57 View Post
    It's not logic it's FACT...So I take it you do not have the box then. It really is quite simple (here we go again) Pompeii was included by mistake therefore necessitating OBC to be included outside the main box, forget Facebook it was wrong.
    If Pompeii is not in the set you intend to get it's because you are late to the party and will be purchasing a set with OBC in where it is supposed to be, just take it that the Pompeii disc was a bonus early purchasers got because OBC was not where it was supposed to be, Amazon or Columbia have no obligation to provide compensation for something that was not officially supposed to be included in the first place so good luck with that one...There is no mention of the Pompeii CD in the ''book/s tracklisting''
    And The Floyd have sent you a personal message confirming the fact that their Facebook page is wrong but omitted to tell anyone else....?