Page 2 of 219 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Pink floyd the early years 1965-1972

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phred68 View Post
    Hell to the YES! I hope they don't make it an overpriced bloated package though.....some of us can't afford those! :O
    Looks like 7 CD boxes housed in one taller box that can also house the 5 singles. That's a minimum of 7 CD's, but likely more. Then there's the ephemera. I'd be surprised if it was less than 150 quid.

Edit: Okay, 130 quid. Hmmm, wish I wasn't still into vinyl.
    Last edited by billy1; 2016-07-26 at 11:34 AM.
    Ever get the feeling you've been had?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 42 Posts

"I don't know; I was really drunk at the time." - Henry McCullough

Thanks

Someone over on SHF speculated that this is a placeholder for the release.

https://www.amazon.com/Early-Box-Col...iglink20252-20

Thanks

label : "legacy"?, and pink floyd is not mentionned in the link by amazon... and artist is "color"

Thanks

label : "legacy"?, and pink floyd is not mentionned in the link by amazon... and artist mentionned is "color"?

Thanks

Looks like an independent early singles release as well.

"Color" and "Legacy" has been used as a placeholder in the past.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01J2M0WYU...285430a5ca8a2c

Thanks

new image appear on facebook, is the poster for the may 12th 1967, game for may show!!!!!

Thanks

A recent quote of Nick Mason who gives some clues on future releases ...

Im heading out of the country for a meeting with our manager about what we are doing with Pink floyd history. As a result of the Univesal purchasing EMI ans the monopolies commission requiring them to sell off some of the EMI catalog. The Pink Floyd catalogue was sold to Warner Brothers. So we have begun thinking about what we are going to do with Warner Brothers in terms of the back catalogue.
    Were also been archiving most of the existing video and film stuff with Lana Topham who was the assistant producer with Storm Thorgerson. Lana has more of less archived all of the film and video and now we are working on ting to archive photographs. Its something that the Beatles did very well with Apple and are still doing.
    Next year will be the 50th anniversary of Pink Floyd signing with EMI, so we intend to mark that with something big. Were also begun work on something documenting the early years of the band; so for those and any similar projects, its invaluable to actually know what weve got and what is available. The interesting thing is that you dont have to own it all, you just have to know where it is and if its available. Whatever we do next, particularly if its historical, it will hopefully include some of that material
    Interview with Nick Mason , iDrum Magazine, June 2016.

Thanks

Hmmm... I'm not getting my hopes up too high on this just yet until we have more details. From how we've been hosed in the past, one can't help but feel cynical since Floyd are masters when it comes to manufacturing expensive elaborate packages which regurgitates what we've already got and had for 40 plus years. Just hope we don't get shortchanged in the rarities department. Nick's quote above doesn't offer much - Warners will be wanting to start making some money on the Floyd so their priority will be on the main catalogue and ensuring that's always available.

IDEALLY this will be a comprehensive set devoted to the early Floyd - we knew there were plans for a set focused on the Syd era but for this to encompass that and the band's most experimental era which the band themselves have continually shunned and ignored, this would be a nice way to try and re-dress the balance IF they plunder them vaults and give us stuff we've not had officially before... and not just remasters of each album with a handful of "bonus" tracks slapped on the end which would still leave lots of stuff in the vault.

I await further details with interest but one thing is certain... this sure won't come cheap.
    Last edited by emmapeelfan; 2016-07-26 at 04:17 PM.

Thanks

I start saving money... I just hope this box isnt limeted like the RW the wall box.....
    I WANT this early years box....

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI Y625-U51 mit Tapatalk