Page 216 of 219 FirstFirst ... 116166206214215216217218 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 2189

Thread: Pink floyd the early years 1965-1972

  1. #2151
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,724
    Thanks
    98
    Thanked 847 Times in 20 Posts

    Default

    I agree more and more that the box itself could have been done a lot better. It could have been smaller and more handy. The individual boxes inside could also have been designed a lot better to really capture the Pink Floyd visuals at the time.
    Then there's the poor quility BBC recordings, but since fans here are working hard to get them out in the best possible quality I am not really that annoyed. Also a big disappointment for me was that a track called Seabirds from the More sessions is included but it's not the Seabirds I hoped for, it is just an instrumental piece. And there are a few other things that could have been better and more complete (Pompeii for instance)
    Other than that I think the content of the box is mindblowing. The quality of most of the video material is amazing and there are a lot of songs that I had never heard before.
    So even though it is flawed I still don't regret that I bought it

  2. #2152
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    North west England
    Posts
    219
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Going through the larger memorabilia are the programmes all actual size?

  3. #2153
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    352
    Thanks
    334
    Thanked 96 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lennyif View Post
    I did the same! I skipped on the 1972 volume though, and I had a friend help me out with a burned copy of the Continuation discs. I saved a TON of money and got the volumes with the material that I was interested in. I'm still very pleased with the whole thing, especially for the video material and all the Syd era stuff.
    Oh good, I'm not the only one who not only went the separate volumes route but the "Why's the point of the 1972 set if it skips Eclipse and mostly has for its main selling point a 1971 concert?" one.

    Funniest thing above the whole collection; If you judged the band from this collection, you'd swear they absolutely loved Atom Heart Mother. Which ones did they use: Unreleased band only version, Bath as a bonus, Hyde Park, Paris Theater, Montreux 70, San Francisco, San Tropez and then Hamburg, Ossiach and San Diego 71 which wasn't even mentioned.

    Overall, I like it but some of their video choices are somewhat odd like the footage of the band miming a complete album version of Saucerful of Secrets to a completely bored audience.

  4. #2154
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,361
    Thanks
    976
    Thanked 633 Times in 20 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Syborg View Post
    Oh good, I'm not the only one who not only went the separate volumes route but the "Why's the point of the 1972 set if it skips Eclipse and mostly has for its main selling point a 1971 concert?" one.

    Funniest thing above the whole collection; If you judged the band from this collection, you'd swear they absolutely loved Atom Heart Mother. Which ones did they use: Unreleased band only version, Bath as a bonus, Hyde Park, Paris Theater, Montreux 70, San Francisco, San Tropez and then Hamburg, Ossiach and San Diego 71 which wasn't even mentioned.

    Overall, I like it but some of their video choices are somewhat odd like the footage of the band miming a complete album version of Saucerful of Secrets to a completely bored audience.
    Yeah, There just wasn't enough in that 72' box. I like the Obsured by Clouds remix, but I'm fine with not owning it. I still prefer the old VHS of Pompeii, and the other clips are not substantial enough for me to buy. I considered buying it as a completist, but decided to buy a bunch of Moody Blues albums that I didn't have instead, and I am getting a lot of use out of those! Haha

  5. #2155
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    362
    Thanks
    1,118
    Thanked 325 Times in 16 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lennyif View Post
    I did the same! I skipped on the 1972 volume though, and I had a friend help me out with a burned copy of the Continuation discs. I saved a TON of money and got the volumes with the material that I was interested in. I'm still very pleased with the whole thing, especially for the video material and all the Syd era stuff.
    So you're saying you pirated the bonus discs just to complete your collection? And you are proud you saved a ton of money by pirating the one thing you cannot get legally outside the full box?

    For a senior member, that's not cool.

  6. #2156
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,085
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked 4,343 Times in 47 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by triply View Post
    So you're saying you pirated the bonus discs just to complete your collection? And you are proud you saved a ton of money by pirating the one thing you cannot get legally outside the full box?

    For a senior member, that's not cool.
    It's not cool to sold for 500$ crap bootleg quality material of BBC sessions. Nothing wrong with pirating this, they did not deserve this money at all

  7. #2157
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    621
    Thanks
    143
    Thanked 1,134 Times in 15 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hallucalation View Post
    It's not cool to sold for 500$ crap bootleg quality material of BBC sessions. Nothing wrong with pirating this, they did not deserve this money at all
    Could not agree more.
    More in general: not cool at all to release all those mega-boxes for mega-bucks, and including those 'unique' material in the box only ("oh damn, I cannot buy that one alone, I must buy the box...." is this cool? Come on)
    This is true for PF box, but not only of course. This is also for the much too praised Fripp products.

  8. #2158
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louvain
    Posts
    159
    Thanks
    97
    Thanked 246 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by floydfan2410 View Post
    It could have been smaller and more handy.
    As I wrote somewhere:

    The box has a simplistic, black and white theme, but is... too big. The outside box is about 41 x 22 x 31 cm, but the actual set tucked inside only takes 19 x 20 x 14.5 cm. It doesn't take an Einstein to calculate that 80% of the box is made of... empty spaces.

  9. #2159
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    264
    Thanks
    466
    Thanked 154 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Syborg View Post
    Funniest thing above the whole collection; If you judged the band from this collection, you'd swear they absolutely loved Atom Heart Mother. Which ones did they use: Unreleased band only version, Bath as a bonus, Hyde Park, Paris Theater, Montreux 70, San Francisco, San Tropez and then Hamburg, Ossiach and San Diego 71 which wasn't even mentioned.
    Sorry, probably going mad but, not having listened to / watched it for a while, can you remind me where the Bath AHM is?

    Ta

  10. #2160
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    National City, CA. USA
    Posts
    278
    Thanks
    3,171
    Thanked 97 Times in 4 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hallucalation View Post
    It's not cool to sold for 500$ crap bootleg quality material of BBC sessions. Nothing wrong with pirating this, they did not deserve this money at all
    Ahhh...I love the smell of fresh justification in the morning.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •