Page 4 of 220 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Pink floyd the early years 1965-1972

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jmr View Post
    From Roscoe59, elsewhere:

You stole my thunder. Please continue the speculation of the comments TODAY while there's still time.
    Last edited by Roscoe59; 2016-07-27 at 04:29 PM.

Thanks

When I poked around (read: brute-force guessed at image URLS) a few days ago, I didn't find anything beyond the teaser image that was posted today... which might mean that today was the last one, so I'm guessing we're getting an announcement tomorrow. *hopeful smile*

edit: didn't mean to steal your thunder. At least I credited you and linked to where you said that...

Gah I'm so excited for this. I hope the box's contents live up to the expectations. Even if it's all stuff that's already been circulated among fans, it'll be nice to have a definitive official release.
    Last edited by jmr; 2016-07-27 at 04:20 PM.

Thanks

I have some concern that we'll get Amsterdam 1969, BBC In Concert 1970 and 1971 and other such material that is only marginally, or no better than, what we already have. And if it's worse that what we already have....

A complete 1970 or 1971 show where the band are on fire is my hope.

To bring tears to our collective eyes, this needs to include live material that is previously uncirculated, otherwise we'll all be writing straight to Floyd's Missed Opportunity department again. Still no reply from them about Gilmour's Pompeii gig.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jmr View Post
    When I poked around (read: brute-force guessed at image URLS) a few days ago, I didn't find anything beyond the teaser image that was posted today... which might mean that today was the last one, so I'm guessing we're getting an announcement tomorrow. *hopeful smile*

edit: didn't mean to steal your thunder. At least I credited you and linked to where you said that...

Gah I'm so excited for this. I hope the box's contents live up to the expectations. Even if it's all stuff that's already been circulated among fans, it'll be nice to have a definitive official release.
    I was only kidding. And you're correct about the date of the official announcement.

Thanks

I wish it would be tomorrow now! )

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI Y625-U51 mit Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 1,910 Times in 77 Posts

I wonder if it's possible a genuine stereo version of AHM from BBC 1970 is possible? That certainly wouldn't bother me or releasing all their BBC appearances in superior high defintion sound quality.
    Having said that,I remain skeptical. Any time AHM is brought up (going back many years) the lads want to hang themselves. So releasing AHM would be a surprise. And the mistakes in Echoes. It doesn't bother me but will they release something with mistakes?
    I'm hoping to be surprised. I can't wait to hear more about this

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alan smithee View Post
    I wonder if it's possible a genuine stereo version of AHM from BBC 1970 is possible? That certainly wouldn't bother me or releasing all their BBC appearances in superior high defintion sound quality.
    Having said that,I remain skeptical. Any time AHM is brought up (going back many years) the lads want to hang themselves. So releasing AHM would be a surprise. And the mistakes in Echoes. It doesn't bother me but will they release something with mistakes?
    I'm hoping to be surprised. I can't wait to hear more about this
    Well they have to release something to fill the quota for 1970-71 so I'm hopeful. I would think that their earliest recordings would be more of an embarrassment.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,910 Times in 77 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe59 View Post
    Well they have to release something to fill the quota for 1970-71 so I'm hopeful. I would think that their earliest recordings would be more of an embarrassment.
    Well if you are hopeful,Mr.Roscoe,then so am I.

I'm really curious about 1972. I'm hoping its Brighton 6/72. I'm dreaming about an unreleased soundboard from the Autumn-Winter of that year

Thanks

Do you all think the management will be able to release the John Latham 'Speak' track from 1967? That has been the "holy grail" to many Floyd collectors for years?

Thoughts or Concerns?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pinksydfloyd View Post
    Do you all think the management will be able to release the John Latham 'Speak' track from 1967? That has been the "holy grail" to many Floyd collectors for years?

Thoughts or Concerns?
    In case of the early floyd... There are MANY holy grails....
    Just imagine they would include a studio run through Version of "Have you got it yet"...
    I feel like on fever now...

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI Y625-U51 mit Tapatalk