Page 5 of 220 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Pink floyd the early years 1965-1972

Thanks

John Latham, Reaction In G, In the Beechwoods, She Was A Millionaire, I Get Stoned (Stoned Alone), the "holy grail" list goes on...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pinksydfloyd View Post
    John Latham, Reaction In G, In the Beechwoods, She Was A Millionaire, I Get Stoned (Stoned Alone), the "holy grail" list goes on...
    Yes i totally agree!
    My personal holy grail is She was a millionaire....
    I hope so much that a version... Even an rehearsal of it... Would be included

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI Y625-U51 mit Tapatalk

Thanks

...not to forget the Spike Hawkins directed promo video of Scream thy last scream.... I FEEL somehow that its one of the cookies included

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Benk View Post
    Yes i totally agree!
    My personal holy grail is She was a millionaire....
    Someone on SHF posted - No chance, it doesn't exist anymore. Unless Nick Mason was able to dig up a copy from his own archive, but I doubt it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe59 View Post
    Someone on SHF posted - No chance, it doesn't exist anymore. Unless Nick Mason was able to dig up a copy from his own archive, but I doubt it.
    Yes its true.... But... Who knows maybe Nick Mason got a personal copy in his archive.. ( like i did post on the SHF)
    I dont give up hope)))

Thanks

I saw it suggested that a friend of the band has a recording of the 67 Games For May show. My head will explode if this is released. Does anyone else know of another source corroborating this claim...that there is a tape somewhere?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jokerman View Post
    I saw it suggested that a friend of the band has a recording of the 67 Games For May show. My head will explode if this is released. Does anyone else know of another source corroborating this claim...that there is a tape somewhere?
    No i never heard of it... Only the rumour of an 1966 show in collector hands...
    But i can imagine that the Games for may event was recorded... It was so special for Pink Floyd... Maybe an amateur recording of an friend of the band does exist.....
    Any more Information would be very welcome!

Thanks

The rumor of the tape was no doubt prompted by the Games for May poster posted on the official PF website but today's post seems pretty random except that it's also from that period (67-72). I've heard it said elsewhere, and I agree, that this move is being done to protect the rights to the unreleased material that will become public domain at the 50 year mark (2015, 2016, etc). Hence, they just released the '65 outtakes due to the 2015 deadline. I imagine they need to have some sort of release of the 1966, etc. material soon for same reason. I imagine they are going to purge everything that they could possibly see themselves ever using and that's going to include some ugly stuff. If that's the case, it's going to be a limited edition, expensive set, or worse, big box set with a "collector's edition" version with all the really rare stuff in it. It just seems too coincidental that this is coming out now. I don't think they want to release a lot of this stuff but they have to. If that's the case and they release 300 copies of something, it's going to be a bad scene for most Floyd fans. Let's hope not and that they are finally just being forced to do what must be done!

Thanks

The Spike film of 'Scream Thy Last Scream' sadly was lost in an apartment fire by the individual who filmed the promo video, which is quite sad and odd considering Syd used to burn all of his art pieces after completing them. As for 'Games for May,' I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I personally spoke to Peter Jenner about this on the telephone and he confirmed nothing from this event exists. They did not record or film this event which amazes me considering how important it was to the Floyd (going from underground to the mainstream).

Any news regarding 'Games For May' would be greatly appreciated on my end. I would love it if Peter Jenner were wrong about this, highly doubt it though.
    Last edited by pinksydfloyd; 2016-07-27 at 10:26 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pinksydfloyd View Post
    The Spike film of 'Scream Thy Last Scream' sadly was lost in an apartment fire by the individual who filmed the promo video, which is quite sad and odd considering Syd used to burn all of his art pieces after completing them. As for 'Games for May,' I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I personally spoke to Peter Jackson about this on the telephone and he confirmed nothing from this event exists. They did not record or film this event which amazes me considering how important it was to the Floyd (going from underground to the mainstream).

Any news regarding 'Games For May' would be greatly appreciated on my end. I would love it if Peter Jackson were wrong about this, highly doubt it though.
    Did Peter Jackson ever consider filming The Hobbit with Pink Floyd as 4 of the dwarves?