Page 6 of 220 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Pink floyd the early years 1965-1972

Thanks

....and then depression set in. I heard the thing about Games For May tape on another forum. The persons stated: "The concert is known to have been recorded (in stereo, I presume), with at least one interview I have read over the years referring to the tape being in possession of a friend or associate of the band."

I need to come down easy from that high. I'm mad that his massive live talents are almost undocumented.
    Last edited by jokerman; 2016-07-27 at 10:02 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jokerman View Post
    ....and then depression set in. I heard the thing about Games For May tape on another forum. The persons stated: "The concert is known to have been recorded (in stereo, I presume), with at least one interview I have read over the years referring to the tape being in possession of a friend or associate of the band."

I need to come down easy from that high. I'm mad that his massive live talents are almost undocumented.
    I was super bummed out when Peter Jenner informed me that the event had not been documented. When I asked him why they didn't recorded it he simply responded that the event took a lot of work to put together and things were a bit mad and messy. He also mentioned it never crossed their minds to record or film the event! 
    Last edited by pinksydfloyd; 2016-07-27 at 10:27 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pinksydfloyd View Post
    I was super bummed out when Peter Jenner informed me that the event had not been documented. When I asked him why they didn't recorded it he simply responded that the event took a lot of work to put together and things were a bit mad and messy. He also mentioned it never crossed their minds to record or film the event! 
    It doesn't surprise me too much. Live recording can be a pretty big hassle and I am sure that at that time it was expensive to get the gear out to a club or concert hall. Money could be spent making a studio album or upgrading the band's equipment that gets used on a nightly basis. I doubt they thought about the historical significance of what they were doing at that moment either. The lads were just working and doing what they do.

Thanks

Thanks

HOLY GODDAMN SHIT! A 5.1 mix of OBSCURED BY CLOUDS!?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,924 Times in 44 Posts

I think I just shat my pants. It's got what we the fans have been asking for. But damn that price.

Thanks

"20+ songs previously unreleased, 7+ hours of previously unreleased live audio performances, 5+ hours of 
rare concert footage, along with 5 7 singles in replica sleeves, collectable memorabilia, feature films & 
new sound mixes "

Man... I will pay anything for this! Amazing!

Thanks

wow. Just wow!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe59 View Post
    wow. Just wow!!!
    Is that for the big pricetag or are you happy with what you see when it comes to stuff on it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lennyif View Post
    HOLY GODDAMN SHIT! A 5.1 mix of OBSCURED BY CLOUDS!?
    My words exactly.