Page 70 of 220 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170 ... LastLast

Thread: Pink floyd the early years 1965-1972

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by popeyebonaparte View Post
    At ease! At ease! I think this is just a music video promoting the box. Surely they wouldn't change the original footage and replace the audio in the mean feature of the box set!
    Under the video at the end of the first paragraph of accompanying text it does say, 'Taken from ‘The Early Years 1965 – 1972’.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by roioaddict View Post
    "Therefore it is strange to see Gilmour sing in the QKED microphone, while what you hear is Roger from the BBC version."

Strange! I say sloppy. Surely this isn't what we're going to get in the box set! Am I missing the point? I'm getting a bit worried about this box set. Have they really done away with some rare glorious footage and replaced it with some pretentious shite footage showing a bloke in a river? Do they think that we'd rather watch that than some classic rare footage?
    Unfortunately the likes vs dislikes on the video show what most of the public think about it,I can say I would never watch it if the whole thing got this treatment.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,070 Times in 157 Posts

Oh boy, please don't start messing around with the original KQED footage, just make what exists better for the KQED performance, if possible. I know this isn't supposed to be exactly from the KQED performance but it make me nervous, and I don't like being nervous
    Click here to access my Pink Floyd lists!

Thanks
    Thanked 38,280 Times in 444 Posts

It's a pretty poor film isn't it? Highly forgettable.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,509 Times in 106 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe59 View Post
    Not a fan of the revisionist edit. Oh geeze, how much more are they going to **** up?
    This is the main reason I'm still on the fence pre-ordering this expensive box set, I'm just too afraid I will feel very disappointed.

Thanks

And anyway, there are 6 other KQED videos in the box, and I seriously doubt that they have made a video like this for each one.

I think we're off the hook this time.

Thanks

storm

I bet this is just a promo.

Of course they would say "taken from the Early Years" set. That's for John Q Public's benefit.

It could also be a stitched-together promo just to have a video for the BBC stuff on youtube.
    In which case, I don't care. I'm excited it sounds so good...

As the great Douglas Adams, a legendary Floyd fan once said .... "Don't Panic"

Thanks

Not a fan of the revisionist edit. Oh geeze, how much more are they going to **** up?
    first thing I noticed is lots of scenes where you here Dave and Roger singing, but only Dave is singing on the video. Badly done, I am afraid

Thanks

I hope those clicks in the audio are a result of some sort of youtube conversions process or something.

Thanks

Me too!
    I preordered the box and I am a bit worried now...
    Reminds me of the Director's cut