Page 71 of 220 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171 ... LastLast

Thread: Pink floyd the early years 1965-1972

Thanks

So much for their reputation as a band with the most exacting standards. I could've done a better job of editing. And, I'm far, far from the professional they could've hired. Here's hoping that this promo film isn't contained in the box set at all.

It's likely that someone out there will just use the box as source material for his/her own "remix" in any case. Not that I have any particular person in mind. It just seems, generally speaking, the sort of thing that might happen out in internet land.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by roioaddict View Post
    "Therefore it is strange to see Gilmour sing in the QKED microphone, while what you hear is Roger from the BBC version."

Strange! I say sloppy. Surely this isn't what we're going to get in the box set! Am I missing the point? I'm getting a bit worried about this box set. Have they really done away with some rare glorious footage and replaced it with some pretentious shite footage showing a bloke in a river? Do they think that we'd rather watch that than some classic rare footage?
    Thank you for clearing that up. Because I also noticed that Roger is not singing at a certain part whereas I can clearly hear his voice, ha ha. And I could have sworn that the video footage was from KQED and that there was no mention of the Floyd ever being filmed at a BBC (radio) concert. Strange but nice promo clip for the box. Why they didn't use the KQED sound is a mystery to me. This looks weird and the "info" about the clip is confusing and wrong....

Thanks

I'm not sure which is worse, the misinformation or the whining. They cleaned up the BBC '69 audio and made a promotional video for it. They filmed some scenes at Grantchester Meadows and mixed in some video from KQED because...hello! they had no other video of them performing the song to work from!

What's the problem?

Seeking the following:
    • PIL
    • Arcade Fire
    • My Bloody Valentine

Thanks
    Thanked 5,064 Times in 57 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by movement View Post
    I'm not sure which is worse, the misinformation or the whining. They cleaned up the BBC '69 audio and made a promotional video for it. They filmed some scenes at Grantchester Meadows and mixed in some video from KQED because...hello! they had no other video of them performing the song to work from!

What's the problem?

The extracts from KQED during the chorus with Gilmour singining alone, are pretty inconsistent with the audio from the BBC version which was sung as on the album (Waters lead vocals and Gilmour backing vocals). To hear Waters on the audio and not seeing his mouth moving in the video is disturbing...
    ... or maybe they are so used to it since The Wall tour that they did not notice ?...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by movement View Post

What's the problem?

The problem is, why not clean up the audio of the original live version (they even removed it this afternoon) and release the whole thing instead of just 3 minutes and a half synched with it?
    Last edited by Paintbox; 2016-09-01 at 06:23 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,833 Times in 140 Posts

The audio of Grantchester Meadows BBC Session 12 May 1969 was released on Spotify yesterday

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dukem View Post
    The audio of Grantchester Meadows BBC Session 12 May 1969 was released on Spotify yesterday
    Apparently there's also a video to go along with it. :P

Thanks

Ach, you cannot appease the diehards! I'm also interested in aviation, and some folk aren't happy with seeing a restored warbird flying, because the shade of blue used on the tip of the port wing wasn't quite correct and a bit glossy overall.

I enjoyed the video. Probably more so than the raw KQED footage! The KQED version of Grantchester Meadows is a bit, erm, lethargic. And some dude drops a paint tin lid at least once, from memory, adding some unusual audio artifacts. Remember that the KQED footage is also chopped up with fairly dull stock footage of the great outdoors. I think that firstly the colour balance looks a lot healthier in this version than anything we've seen before and, if anything, the BBC version is stronger than the KQED version in terms of musical performance. If you want to get upset about continuity then Rick is clearly playing a piano (treated with slapback delay) on the BBC version, whereas we see him plonking away on his Farfisa on the KQED footage.

I wonder if they shot Grantchester Meadows during the soundcheck or something? From memory Rick's Farfisa is at a different angle to anything possible with all the band's gear loaded in.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Paintbox View Post
    The problem is, why not clean up the audio of the original live version (they even removed it this afternoon) and release the whole thing instead of just 3 minutes and a half synched with it?
    What makes you think this hasn't already been done? And what makes you think that the KQED version would make a better promotional video? *sigh*

Maybe the whole thing is a Nick Mason joke poking fun at Roger's lip synching in the live shows. Who knows?
    Seeking the following:
    • PIL
    • Arcade Fire
    • My Bloody Valentine

Thanks

Good God some of you guys really obsess over things! Promo video folks! Relax! Haha