Page 8 of 220 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Pink floyd the early years 1965-1972

Thanks

" 20+ songs previously unreleased, 7+ hours of previously unreleased live audio performances, 5+ hours of 
rare concert footage, along with 5 7 singles in replica sleeves, collectable memorabilia, feature films & 
new sound mixes 
"

Sold me on that note.

-MH

Thanks
    Thanked 1,968 Times in 44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MarchingHammers View Post
    " 20+ songs previously unreleased, 7+ hours of previously unreleased live audio performances, 5+ hours of 
rare concert footage, along with 5 7 singles in replica sleeves, collectable memorabilia, feature films & 
new sound mixes 
"

Sold me on that note.

-MH
    quad mixes sold me. 1 unreleased so that means AHM and Meddle.

Thanks

7+ hours of live audio and 5+ hours of live video! This is indeed a holy grail!!!

I wonder if they will do something similar for the rest of their career too? That would be incredible. That would be the best marathon EVER!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,960 Times in 77 Posts

Amazing.

But $700? going to have to scrape what I can over the next few months.

Thanks

I really hope this is what us early floyd fans have been waiting for. I'd like some good quality Live audio from Syd era, maybe they finally got around to getting Anders tape of Stockholm 67? Looks like a huge set but the devil is in the details so I REALLY hope they deliver the goods and empty the early Floyd vaults. Can't wait to see the detailed list of tracks, live shows

Thanks

I'm in, but trying to knock down my expectations a bit and working out exactly how much is new here in advance of any official tracklists from Pink Floyd Records.

I guess we have to assume of those 27 listed "discs," 5 are actually the 45 RPM singles (which, honestly, I have no interest in), leaving us with 22 discs. I'm trying not to imagine that they're going to ram all of the studio albums from that time period down my throat *again*, but I can't assume otherwise, right? So, assuming that everything from Piper to OBC is is included, that leaves us with 14 discs left. I'm guessing there will be both DVD *and* Blu-Ray of the live concert material and 5.1 mixes, which leaves us (depending on how they split up the material) with 10-12 discs of new and (largely) unreleased audio.

Hmm, you know what? I'm still in.

Thanks

Looks like they took the page down. Link just says Page Not Found now.
    Last edited by Kit Rae; 2016-07-28 at 03:26 AM.
    www.bigmuffpage.com

David Gilmour Tone Building - gear and tone guide
    http://www.kitrae.net/music/David_Gi..._Building.html

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vbc3 View Post
    I'm in, but trying to knock down my expectations a bit and working out exactly how much is new here in advance of any official tracklists from Pink Floyd Records.

I guess we have to assume of those 27 listed "discs," 5 are actually the 45 RPM singles (which, honestly, I have no interest in), leaving us with 22 discs. I'm trying not to imagine that they're going to ram all of the studio albums from that time period down my throat *again*, but I can't assume otherwise, right? So, assuming that everything from Piper to OBC is is included, that leaves us with 14 discs left. I'm guessing there will be both DVD *and* Blu-Ray of the live concert material and 5.1 mixes, which leaves us (depending on how they split up the material) with 10-12 discs of new and (largely) unreleased audio.

Hmm, you know what? I'm still in.
    Hehe yeah, the worst case scenario is still freakin' awesome.

Thanks

They deleted the page. Perhaps they realized that the price was wrong.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    aka locombiano in pinkfloyd.cl

Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 11 Posts

Give something up from now to release day (like Starbucks) and you'll have a good chunk of change.