Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The 'Complete' Early Years '65-72' - what do we need to fill in the gaps?

Thanks

Where does the best copy of this exist?

Quote Originally Posted by Forrester View Post
    Gotta have the alternate lyrics version of "Candy & A Currant Bun".

My assumption is that someone out there will now assemble an even more Ultimate Zabriskie Point box set. I don't even want to think of how many different fragments there might be now.

Thanks

I have two torrents for the 'Careful with these tracks' bootleg that are trying to download for about 48 hours now, but no success. And it is not available on the torrent section of Y! Can anybody point me to a torrent file that will download this boot? Or reseed?
    Last edited by meneerjansen; 09-19-2016 at 02:38 PM.

Thanks

Gaps, what are gaps? I looked through the catalogue/contents/mixed bag and while there's a lot of Atom Heart Mother, there's no Amazing Pudding. What, they couldn't get the Paris soundboard recording from January 24? It's even the only one the band doesn't get lost playing. "Pink Floyd's only real drum solo" that isn't all drum and they're still burying it. Echoes original lyrics will be playing the role of "Sir Not Appearing in this box set". There is Ossiach and it's video but it's Atom Heart Mother. Weird that I'd rather have The Return of the Son of Nothing. Still that could be covered by the Nothing demo... though I imagine that's just a music pastiche and no lyrics.

This has been bothering me, will always bother me, why 1972 when you ignore the most important bit but cover the bit that comes after that? So, Eclipse? I guess that's more than a gap though.

I got the feeling that the pre 70 stuff just doesn't exist but the stuff that does? The things we know about? That's deliberate.

They are doing the 71 BBC... what are the odds they're going to correct Gilmour's flubbed Echoes lyrics? We all know the band's urge to meddle on live shows to try to turn them into studio albums; I love the Wall Live but don't care for Is There Anyone Out There? which is the Wall Dissected. So we don't know what we need until we know what they're giving us. I'm not buying the box set... I need vinyl like I need VHS tapes... but I will look for or at least at the individual sets but not the collection of not so great dance songs which choose to go with the Smoking Blues version of Atom Heart Mother over the piece that should be with the Nothing business... in the collection, both Paris Cinema get paired with their related studio work/demos but here...

It's weird to be in the spot of considering myself to be a fan of Pink Floyd but not the kind of fan they want. I can't "ooh!" and "ahh!" over studio tracks because I know they do their true musical development through live shows.

Thanks

Please don't use this thread as another place to gripe about what is missing and how the 'band has let us down' - this has been pretty well covered in the other thread!

This thread is mearly a place to gather information around the tracks that circulate that aren't on the Boxset so that people can make their own more 'complete' collection/playlist if they want too.

Quote Originally Posted by Syborg View Post
    Gaps, what are gaps? I looked through the catalogue/contents/mixed bag and while there's a lot of Atom Heart Mother, there's no Amazing Pudding. What, they couldn't get the Paris soundboard recording from January 24? It's even the only one the band doesn't get lost playing. "Pink Floyd's only real drum solo" that isn't all drum and they're still burying it. Echoes original lyrics will be playing the role of "Sir Not Appearing in this box set". There is Ossiach and it's video but it's Atom Heart Mother. Weird that I'd rather have The Return of the Son of Nothing. Still that could be covered by the Nothing demo... though I imagine that's just a music pastiche and no lyrics.

This has been bothering me, will always bother me, why 1972 when you ignore the most important bit but cover the bit that comes after that? So, Eclipse? I guess that's more than a gap though.

I got the feeling that the pre 70 stuff just doesn't exist but the stuff that does? The things we know about? That's deliberate.

They are doing the 71 BBC... what are the odds they're going to correct Gilmour's flubbed Echoes lyrics? We all know the band's urge to meddle on live shows to try to turn them into studio albums; I love the Wall Live but don't care for Is There Anyone Out There? which is the Wall Dissected. So we don't know what we need until we know what they're giving us. I'm not buying the box set... I need vinyl like I need VHS tapes... but I will look for or at least at the individual sets but not the collection of not so great dance songs which choose to go with the Smoking Blues version of Atom Heart Mother over the piece that should be with the Nothing business... in the collection, both Paris Cinema get paired with their related studio work/demos but here...

It's weird to be in the spot of considering myself to be a fan of Pink Floyd but not the kind of fan they want. I can't "ooh!" and "ahh!" over studio tracks because I know they do their true musical development through live shows.

Thanks

It's is being seeding over at 'the little green devil!

Quote Originally Posted by meneerjansen View Post
    I have two torrents for the 'Careful with these tracks' bootleg trying to download for about 48 hours now, but no success. And it is not available on the torrent section of Y! Can anybody point me to a torrent file that will download this boot? Or reseed?

Thanks

Both 1967 broadcasts included in this release are inferior to the ones on the Let There Been More Light bootleg. Also, Neon's most recent transfer of Gnome and Mathilda Mother are the best of the lot.

Thanks

So, what else is essential besides what has been mentioned already?

Oenone / Fingals Cave (Though this may be in the box set under a different title)

Have A Cigar live 1975 version (after 1972, I know, but I doubt we will get anything else from 1973 - 1975)

Obscured by Clouds, When You're in, and Childhood's End live versions.

Other than this all I can think of is picking great versions of songs from audience recordings from the early days.

Thanks

The two demo versions of One of These Days, I believe it has been established that they are genuine?

Thanks

The complete 1970-11-21 Montreux show. We know that RTS have the complete recording in pristine quality... One of my holy grails.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Preclicktrack View Post
    The two demo versions of One of These Days, I believe it has been established that they are genuine?
    Wow! Almost forgot I have those on bootleg. They are interesting!