Thread: The Man And The Journey - played by RPWL

Thanks

Lightbulb The Man And The Journey - played by RPWL

Munich based band RPWL just released their next Pink Floyd related work. Check it out - if you like 1969 Pink Floyd...

www.rpwl.net

And in case you missed their first Pink Floyd record: it's here.

Cheers.

Thanks

I saw them earlier this week in Bremen at a very small venue which brings the experience very close to what Pink Floyd might have sounded in 1969. This makes RPWL stand out from other cover bands that usually play only later Floyd. And with only 15 admisson it was dirt cheap, too

Apart from that, RPWL has an interesting music catalog of their own.

Herwig
    "Life is a heuristic guided depth-first search without backtracking"
    Admin of http://www.pf-roio.de

Thanks

Hi Herwig,

That's been a long long time since we first met for the echoes RoIO list? (at least, if you're THAT Herwig ;-)

After a few years hiatus, I was able to see RPWL in February during the CD/DVD recording of the show and again last week in Uden and yesterday when they closed the tour, after 10 consecutive days of performing, in a small theater in Alphen aan den Rijn, Holland. I must confess they nailed it. Hearing The Man & The Journey for the last time was strange, but the DVD is great. John did some amazing stuff with all the cameras. Since I was born right in between the 1969 tour, I can't say how it was back then.
    I did speak to somebody who had been at the show in the Concertgebouw Amsterdam, where the VPRO FM recording came from and he had recorded that gig as well. Unfortunately all was lost during a fire in his house, along with some other gems, like Deep Purple just before In Rock was recorded.

And indeed RPWLs own catalogue is good as well. Currently I'm having the first album on a spin in my car again...
    In January Blind Ego, with Kalle Wallner, will tour and I'll be able to see this great guitar player once again ;-)

ttfn,
    Piet

Thanks

Hi Piet,

nice to meet you again!

Well, there are not _that_ many Herwig's administrating a PF RoIO database, are there?

Quote Originally Posted by HourCandle View Post
    I must confess they nailed it. Hearing The Man & The Journey for the last time was strange, but the DVD is great. John did some amazing stuff with all the cameras.
    Looks like I have to buy me a copy of that DVD ...

Regards,
    Herwig
    "Life is a heuristic guided depth-first search without backtracking"
    Admin of http://www.pf-roio.de

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by herwig View Post
    Hi Piet,

nice to meet you again!

Well, there are not _that_ many Herwig's administrating a PF RoIO database, are there?

Looks like I have to buy me a copy of that DVD ...

Regards,
    Herwig
    Hi Herwig,

Great to meet again after such a long time. If it still works, I have all those old RoIO list conversations somewhere on an old Linux distro... What a fun time that was.
    And sorry but I completely missed the footer in your post about admin of www.pf-roio.de ... My bad.

I noticed the RPWL set is for sale at Amazon.de for 20 euro (cd and dvd combined)

ttfn, (as bear always said it)
    Piet
    Last edited by HourCandle; 11-09-2016 at 09:14 PM.

Thanks

finally getting around to watching this. i quite like it. it's the closest we will ever get to the real thing i guess.