Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: immersion dark side bly ray 5.1 stop work!

Thanks

Default immersion dark side bly ray 5.1 stop work!

besides the early years discs error, my dark side immersion blu ray stop to work about 1 year ago, and i've just see on official Facebook pink Floyd, a man check this blu ray recently after another guys tell him they blu ray doesn't work, and, he doesn't work too so, for those have the european version, check it.

Thanks

My dark side Blu ray also stopped working recently it was fine then just stopped for no reason.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,084 Times in 42 Posts

It's not out of the realm of possibility for your Blu-Ray disk to work, with the long ago problem of some Great Dane Records disks oxidizing badly to the point of becoming unplayable, but it's highly unlikely that modern manufactured disks from a "legit" pressing plant would suddenly go bad as a result of the disk itself having defects.
    I would try playing your disks in a different Blu-Ray player that plays other Blu-Ray disks okay before damning the disk first.
    Mine still plays just fine.
    "I don't know; I was really drunk at the time." - Henry McCullough

Thanks
    Thanked 8,107 Times in 104 Posts

I've heard there may be a "BR rot" issue with some of these DSOTM Immersion BRs.

I've had this since 2011 but couldn't play the BR until yesterday when I bought a BR burner. VLC had a bit of trouble playing it and as it doesn't play the menu I'm currently in the progress of backing it up to my PC, 2 hours and 15 minutes for 34GBs, keeping my fingers crossed it will finish the process without errors.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,107 Times in 104 Posts

I cancelled the initial backup process with CyberLinkPowerBackup, the software that came with my burner, as I wasn't happy with how the program handled it. Redid it with MakeMKV and it came out as 8 mkv files which play without problems in VLC. Great little program, it did the job much faster as well, I'd recommend those having problems to try out MakeMKV.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bert13 View Post
    I cancelled the initial backup process with CyberLinkPowerBackup, the software that came with my burner, as I wasn't happy with how the program handled it. Redid it with MakeMKV and it came out as 8 mkv files which play without problems in VLC. Great little program, it did the job much faster as well, I'd recommend those having problems to try out MakeMKV.
    Mine is working perfectly. No problem at all. Listening to the 4.0 Quad Mix in all its glory

Thanks
    Thanked 7,877 Times in 156 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bert13 View Post
    You might wanna backup the entire disc with the menus and all for a possible backup to another BD. MakeMKV will also do that.
    Click here to access my Pink Floyd lists!

Thanks

Finally!!

Today I received an answer after mailing to mail@aecreate.com (mailadress read on the quadraphonicquad forums, many thanks!) that my Dark Side Immersion Blu-ray stopped working over a year ago!
    I also send a picture of the data side of the disc with the serial number 294349 DB44459-01 Optimal Media Production L0/L1.

“Hi Frans,

Thanks for the email and apologies you are having issues with the Blu-ray.

The problem is being investigated and will probably result in new replacement single discs being sent out in the near future.

Best regards,
    Andy”

And another mail, a few hours later!

“Hi there,

If you're enquiry is regarding issues the Blu-ray of The Dark Side of the Moon as part of the IMMERSION box set, we are investigating ways to resolve these recently 'failed' discs and a replacement process.

Best,
    Andy”

I’ll keep my fingers crossed..
    Pink Floyd The Wall: June 13th 1981 London
    Pink Floyd: June 14th 1988 Rotterdam
    Pink Floyd: September 4th 1994 Rotterdam
    Roger Waters: May 15th 2002 Rotterdam
    Roger Waters: June 10th 2006 Lichtenvoorde
    Roger Waters: July 7th 2006 Rotterdam
    Roger Waters: May 5th 2007 Arnhem
    Roger Waters: May 11th 2008 Landgraaf
    RW The Wall: April 8th 2011 Arnhem
    RW The Wall: May 28th 2011 Antwerpen
    RW The Wall: July 18th 2013 Arnhem
    RW The Wall: September 8th 2013 Amsterdam
    Roger Waters: May 11th 2018 Antwerpen
    Roger Waters: June 18th 2018 Amsterdam
    Roger Waters: July 14th 2018 Roma
    Nick Mason: September 8th 2018 Antwerpen
    Nick Mason: July 23th 2019 Amsterdam

Thanks
    Thanked 1,923 Times in 44 Posts

The problem is who owns the rights to the material to press more discs. There's no warranty expressed or implied as to the long term usefulness of the media. A perfectly working disc shouldn't fail for no reason, but I doubt we'll see replacements.
    ll

near Liverpool England, just across the Mersey on The Wirral
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arnold_Layne View Post
    The problem is who owns the rights to the material to press more discs. There's no warranty expressed or implied as to the long term usefulness of the media. A perfectly working disc shouldn't fail for no reason, but I doubt we'll see replacements.
    ll
    I take it you don't have a failed disc then, I do, two of them. One time they played, the next time they didn't, simple as that. I'm hopeful that those of us with failed discs will get replacements given that there are so many of us.