Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: The 'Complete' Early Years '65-72' - what do we need to fill in the gaps?

Thanks

Thanks again for the track by track comparison! This is a lot of work!

Quote Originally Posted by YOGAMAN View Post
    I noticed the BD includes a Roger Water Interview + Astronomy Domine recorded in Belgium (31 aug. 1968). Is there a reason these tracks were not included in the "extended" set list ?
    My mistake: I forgot it... It has to be included in the 1968 volume of course.

Thanks

Hi guys - Happy 2017!

I was just wondering if there was an updated PDF floating around with the latest track listing and sources on?

Thanks

Thanks

Default Let there beeb more light

Quote Originally Posted by meneerjansen View Post
    What do you mean by 'Piper 40th Anniversary Edition'? It's not the official 'PatGoD' release (link Amazon). Do you mean 'Dawn of the Piper rev. A' (link 1: Y! torrent --- link 2: info)?

P.S. I can't seem to find 'Let there Beeb more light' in the Torrents section...
    Yeah you have to hunt for it, i found one with a few seeds a few months back, just keep checking for it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by metallian View Post
    Hi guys - Happy 2017!

I was just wondering if there was an updated PDF floating around with the latest track listing and sources on?

Thanks
    Yes that would be great! Thanks for the hard work everyone helping to piece together all the missing or companion tracks.

Thanks

Hi guys - Happy 2017!

Thanks
    Not yet, but I'm working on it!

I am running a bit out of time now. And I was waiting for more "official BDs vs Video Anthology" comparison... but I will keep the tracklist up to date as soon as possible.

I think the first volume (65-67) is OK now.
    For 1968, we'll also have to rip the soundtrack of "The Committee" from the Continu/ation BD.

For the BBC "Top Gear" tracks, we can take them from "Let There Beeb More Light", but keep on watching this thread: http://yeeshkul.com/forum/showthread...le-compilation

Thanks

Thanks mate!

I've been meaning to help you out with comparisons, but just haven't got around to it.

Some kind soul is sharing the audio rips from the BD's over at the little green devil if you needed them 😉

Thanks

Thanks mate!

I've been meaning to help you out with comparisons, but just haven't got around to it.

Some kind soul is sharing the audio rips from the BD's over at the little green devil if you needed them 
    A more specific clue? Cant find it anywhere at those green devil sites

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalo1509 View Post
    A more specific clue? Cant find it anywhere at those green devil sites
    a certain devil

dumbchops

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rogersbowne View Post
    a certain devil

dumbchops
    Got it!

Thanks

Back again!

I did the comparison job between audio extractions from official BD and other sources available before for "Dramatiz/ation (1969)".

- Live in Essen, October 11 1969 (CWTAE & ASOS): The BD version is better to my ears than the PF Video Anthology (much brighter).

- Amougies Mont de l’Enclus, October 25 1969:
    There is no comparison. The 3 soundboard tracks (GITC, CWTAE & STCFTHOTS) on "Interstellar Zappadrive" are much better. On the BD there are a lot of cracklings and noises... and they run waaaaay toooooo slooooow... how bad could they be!
    For the last track (IO with Frank Zappa), we do not have a soundboard recording to compare with, but the bootleg recording is still better... and longer (20 minutes vs. 11)

-Royal Festival Hall Rehearsal, April 14 1969: The BD sound is better. However the PF Video Anthology is longer. So you have to take parts 1&2 from the BD (beginning with "Biding my Time" and ending with the organ of "Celestial Voices"), and part 3 (organ improvisations for "Sleeping") from the PFVA.