Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142

Thread: Is This The Life We Really Want?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by texdman View Post
    You know, I knew Roger never threw away a musical idea, but wow! Was really bored at work today, so made a whole Roger playlist, going chronologically from "The Body" all the way through ITTLWRW. So I just finished Radio K.A.O.S. (still have a soft spot for that album, very first CD I ever bought, bought a new CD player at the same time from Sears, only $300, a bargain!!!). Anyway, so I'm into the B-sides/demos, and what do I hear??? The main motif of ITTLWRW, that 4-note phrase Roger uses throughout the album, the first being in "Deja Vu" ("with my staff and my rod"). Check it out at about 3:05, the exact same notes (not key necessarily) and triplet phrasing, it just stopped me in my tracks. 30 years later....

Wow! Nice! I love to find the wall's fragments on TPACOHH

Thanks

Default Is This the Life We Really Want? Removed from sale in Italy

Just stumbled across this on the Discogs forum, which links to the article just below.

https://www.discogs.com/forum/thread/746985

Seems the cover art is a copy of some famous Sicilian artist and the judge has ruled, at least for now, in the artists' favor.

This reminds of a much older but similar case I only heard about recently: Michael Jackson vs Al Bano

From Wikipedia:

"The second lawsuit was a claim of plagiarism by Italian songwriter Albano Carrisi who claimed that "Will You Be There" was copied from his song "I Cigni di Balaka" ("The Swans of Balaka"). After seven years, an Italian court ruled in favor of Carrisi because Jackson failed to show up to court. In a follow-up case some months later, the Court ruled in favor of Jackson and rejected the claim, stating that while the two songs were very similar, they both may have been inspired by The Ink Spots' 1939 hit "Bless You for Being an Angel".[8]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_Y...e#Legal_issues

The relevance here is that Waters and his legal team, just like Jackson, probably didn't make any effort to stop the recent lawsuit thinking it was much ado about nothing - and once the lawyer's intervene I'm sure it will be on sale again.

Thanks
    Thanked 28,110 Times in 736 Posts

Isgrò famous? where? His name is know now only for this legal war.

A useful site for floydians (many thanks Snsik) :

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you, no one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Coloman View Post
    Newssites report that in today's hearing, the actual discussion on the matter was postponed to 19 July. This is due to availability shown by Sony Music's lawyers to a possible settlement (a proposal should be submitted to Isgrò in the next days). Based on that, Isgrò's lawyers have agreed to consent the record to be back in shops and e-shops (...Is This The Record We Really Should Have Stopped Selling?) at least until 19 July.
    I don't understand the capacity of this ban: after the judge ruled again in favour of Isgrò, I checked some online stores: the album is still available for purchase as of now.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,874 Times in 47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Coloman View Post
    I don't understand the capacity of this ban: after the judge ruled again in favour of Isgrò, I checked some online stores: the album is still available for purchase as of now.
    I think the ban is just for "physical" copies in Italian record stores.
    If you order the album via an online shop, even from Italy, you can get it.

Thanks
    Thanked 28,110 Times in 736 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MOB View Post
    I think the ban is just for "physical" copies in Italian record stores.
    If you order the album via an online shop, even from Italy, you can get it.
    100% right

A useful site for floydians (many thanks Snsik) :

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you, no one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.

Thanks

After listening to Rogers new album for a month or so i wondered how the best tracks of ITTLWRW and Gilmour's Rattle that lock would sound together . Only 18 months apart they could represent a 2016/7 Pink Floyd album . Suprisingly , interwoven together they make a good fit with a theme of reflecting running throughout . Obviously a tracklisting would be down to an individual's own personal taste but i found that the following works quite well .

BEAUTY
    BIRD IN A GALE
    TODAY
    PICTURE THAT
    RATTLE THAT LOCK ( EXT VER )
    BROKEN BONES
    5 AM
    SMELL THE ROSES
    A BOAT LIES WAITING
    DEJA VU
    IN ANY TONGUE
    THE LAST REFUGEE

For a title what about - Is this the floyd i really want .

Thanks

Inspired by the previous post...

I started attempting to put an album together of Is This The Life..., Endless River, and Rattle That Lock. My plan was to mix songs to be seamless........ Then I did simple vocal remover. Those of you with the capability: Is This the Life has some hidden gems in it.

Thanks

Hidden gems??