Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041

Thread: Is This The Life We Really Want?

Thanks

I'd love to hear this album that people are enjoying so much. Amazon must have shipped me something else.
    Seeking the following:
    • PIL
    • Arcade Fire
    • My Bloody Valentine

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Coloman View Post
    Hi, the online press reports that ITTLWRW was formally accused of plagiarism in Italy (so far) based on the similarity of the cover picture to the works of the italian artist Emilio Isgrò, produced in the '60s. It seems that Sony Italy was ordered by a Milan court, as a precautionary measure, to stop selling the record in Italy at least until a judicial hearing scheduled for 27 June, when the case of copyright violation will be discussed.
    (...).
    Newssites report that in today's hearing, the actual discussion on the matter was postponed to 19 July. This is due to availability shown by Sony Music's lawyers to a possible settlement (a proposal should be submitted to Isgrò in the next days). Based on that, Isgrò's lawyers have agreed to consent the record to be back in shops and e-shops (...Is This The Record We Really Should Have Stopped Selling?) at least until 19 July.

Thanks

New video for "Wait For Her"
    exclusively on Rolling Stone...
    More to come...
    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...-video-w493034

Thanks

Wait For Her is also on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSl1kmQMG2E

A sequel to The Last Refugee. The song also has an ending and does not segue into Oceans Apart.
    Last edited by triply; 07-20-2017 at 09:11 AM.

Thanks

Still listen to this album a couple of times a week and still love it. Best Floyd related work since WYWH

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by swanlee View Post
    Still listen to this album a couple of times a week and still love it. Best Floyd related work since WYWH
    That's quite a bold statement.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by swanlee View Post
    Better than Animals, No Way, better that ATD, No Way, to name but two....Imho of course....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tonmc57 View Post
    Better than Animals, No Way, better that ATD, No Way, to name but two....Imho of course....
    For me Animals is close to this I like ATD but it simply does not flow as well musically. I really tend to favor Gilmour/Syd style of Floyd and I really like the dark mood and atmosphere of AMLOR, the Divison Bell was pretty decent but sounded like a moody Blues album and Endless River was surprisingly good though. The Wall, TFC, Pro and cons while being good and have a special place for me just does not flow well musically and Radio Kaos is ok but sounds really dated now. Also Rick Wrights Broken China's is way up there as well that is a brilliant Album

But The Life we Really want musically and lyrically has hit me like a ton of bricks it is exactly where I am right now in my world views and musical taste. I really did not expect for Waters to put out such an emotionally strong album that also is so musically interesting and flows so easily. Waters albums have emotion but are usually such a chore to sit through cause they have no sense of flow or breathing space for the music the Radiohead influence did it wonders I'm a big fan of Kid A. I enjoy alot of Post WYWH floyd content but I consider The Life we really want to be a masterpiece I really never expected to feel that way about a Waters solo album.
    Last edited by swanlee; 07-21-2017 at 12:43 PM.

Thanks

I've been listening to it constantly, at least once every couple of days since release,
    still finding new layers of interest...
    It's NOT perfect but perhaps it's only a song or two, a soaring guitar solo lick away from
    brilliant...
    I'm in love with many things happening on it !