Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: IO Demo Record Store Day

Thanks

Default IO Demo Record Store Day

We knew this was coming.

http://teamrock.com/news/2017-03-20/...cord-store-day

"They’ll launch Interstellar Overdrive – a previously unheard mono instrumental recording of the 1966 track – on April 15 on heavyweight 180-gram vinyl.

It’ll play at 33⅓ RPM and will come with a fold-out poster and an A6 postcard featuring a classic image of the band taken while they were recording their debut single Arnold Layne."

What's on the 'b' side? Any info?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,926 Times in 47 Posts

Should be empty on second side

Thanks
    Thanked 1,254 Times in 91 Posts

Missed and wasted opportunity to have the CBC version on one side and San Francisco on the other side, or is CBC version lost and only exists with the interview?

Thanks

How can I get a copy of this once it comes out? I don't have faith in my local stores, and buying it on discogs at a 300% markup is pretty unappealing.

Thanks
    Thanked 24,914 Times in 316 Posts

Interesting that the article says that the recording is 14m57s. I think people are going to find that it feels fast.
    Last edited by neonknight; 03-23-2017 at 11:12 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by neonknight View Post
    Interesting that the article says that the recording is 14m57s. I think people are going to find that it feels very fast. My copy clocks in at 15m28s.
    sorry... but... this "Interstellar Overdrive" demo is not on the Early Years box set ? is it an exclusive new Pink Floyd official studio demo release only on vinyl (like they did with the early 1965 recordings (first release on a limited vinyl) before they found their place on the Early Years box set ?

Thanks
    Thanked 24,914 Times in 316 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by abronsius View Post
    sorry... but... this "Interstellar Overdrive" demo is not on the Early Years box set ? is it an exclusive new Pink Floyd official studio demo release only on vinyl (like they did with the early 1965 recordings (first release on a limited vinyl) before they found their place on the Early Years box set ?
    No idea what plans they have for it next but, yes, I suppose we can expect it to turn up on iTunes in due course. My friend digitised Anthony's Stern's reel for him about 10/12 years ago. That's how I come to know what to expect. It should be fabulous - even better than the TLAMLIL version in my opinion. The reel was in great shape when they played it for the first time in 40 years.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lennyif View Post
    How can I get a copy of this once it comes out? I don't have faith in my local stores, and buying it on discogs at a 300% markup is pretty unappealing.
    i got a copy of see emily play easily. but i live in NYC. not sure if they'll roll it out the same way but i think free record store day is pretty standard. maybe talk to your local record store?

come to think of it i was actually in Boston during record store day. i know because it was right after the bombing and they were looking for that asshole and the whole place was closed down.

Thanks

Expecting to see my name on this one.
    And yes, it's single-sided. Should be plenty of copies to go 'round this time unlike last year. I ordered 3 copies from Hip Cat Records.

Last edited by Roscoe59; 03-21-2017 at 04:13 PM.

Thanks

it's annoying that they couldn't find SOMETHING to put on the other side.