Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RIP Chris Cornell

Thanks

Ha! Allow me to make a joke about you guys down under. Thanks for Aha and AC/DC but Crowded House does really suck. :-)

Thanks

storm

Quote Originally Posted by pinkaline View Post
    Ha! Allow me to make a joke about you guys down under. Thanks for Aha and AC/DC but Crowded House does really suck. :-)
    Crowded House were overrated, but Ah-ha were NOT from Down Unda...lol. Or is that the joke?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phred68 View Post
    Crowded House were overrated, but Ah-ha were NOT from Down Unda...lol. Or is that the joke?
    Dunno, I didn't think much of them at the time, but have come to appreciate that Crowded House wrote some finely crafted pop songs. Sure, maybe pop isn't very deep, but to do it well (and listenable over a longer period of time than is usual for disposable music) takes some kind of skill and talent. IMO there's a difference between finely crafted pop and formulaic pop that is completely disposable.

Thanks

The marrow of grunge is gone but will run forever! R.I.P. Chris Cornell
    Some people ask, is edubirdie.com scam? The answer is "No". This service has nothing to do with scam. The clients pay only for work that meets their standards.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,236 Times in 88 Posts

RIP Chris Cornell. A fellow Floyd fan and greatest vocalist of the last 25 years or so. I don't know what was going on in his mind. He seemed really together. It's pretty ****ed up. I feel very bad for his family and friends.
    "They don't want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking,they don't want well-informed,well educated people capable of critical thinking.They're not interested in that,it doesn't help them."

"They don't want people smart enough to sit at the kitchen table and figure out how badly they're getting ****ed by a system that threw them overboard 30 ****in' years ago,they don't want that.You know what they want? Obedient workers.People who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork and just dumb enough to passively accept all these increasingly shittier jobs with the lower pay,the longer hours,the reduced benefits,the end of overtime and the vanishing pension that disappears the minute you go to collect it"
    RIP George Carlin.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by snagu View Post
    Dunno, I didn't think much of them at the time, but have come to appreciate that Crowded House wrote some finely crafted pop songs. Sure, maybe pop isn't very deep, but to do it well (and listenable over a longer period of time than is usual for disposable music) takes some kind of skill and talent. IMO there's a difference between finely crafted pop and formulaic pop that is completely disposable.
    Crowded House wrote some good stuff. They were the Finn brothers from 70's Split Enz making a new band years later. Who remembers Split Enz? They had some good stuff as well, Neil & Tim Finn some talented New Zealanders.

Thanks

animals

Quote Originally Posted by Psychospy View Post
    Crowded House wrote some good stuff. They were the Finn brothers from 70's Split Enz making a new band years later. Who remembers Split Enz? They had some good stuff as well, Neil & Tim Finn some talented New Zealanders.
    6 Months In A Leaky Boat springs to mind

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Psychospy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phred68 View Post
    6 Months In A Leaky Boat springs to mind
    Dirty Creature, Poor Boy, History Never Repeats, I hope I Never...great songs.