Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP Chris Cornell

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default RIP Chris Cornell

It's a black day indeed when we lose another one.

I guess here is as good a place as any to air my frustration.

Say hello to heaven, Chris, and Andy too.

& thanks for this one, among many
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBFdX37Qpnk

Thanks

storm

Quote Originally Posted by pinkaline View Post
    It's a black day indeed when we lose another one.

I guess here is as good a place as any to air my frustration.

Say hello to heaven, Chris, and Andy too.

& thanks for this one, among many
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBFdX37Qpnk
    Frustration and certainly disbelief here. Wife and I talked about finally seeing Soundgarden this year sometime. Takes me back to Nov 1997 when Michael Hutchence checked out, a mere few days before the INXS show my wife and I were gonna go see....

Whatever his reasons, we will miss Chris and his very singular talent. Gone FAR too soon. RIP!

Thanks

I'm having a similar experience.. I sold my tickets a year or two ago since I figured I'd catch them the next go around with a new album, perhaps.

As far as INXS goes, I thought that was accidental, no? A shame none the less..

But my schoolmate will always remember the time she rushed the stage and kissed him.

Kudos to those that know how to give us such music.

Thanks

For us here in Washington state this was our 4th JFK incident in our lives.

Thanks

I know what you mean man. Long live the Off-Ramp and the OK. Crock too. Even the Vogue. Good times.
    4th shot indeed.

Thanks

In case anyone needs proof:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8vvN5a4PY4

Thanks

Yet another incredible voice silenced.
    "I don't know; I was really drunk at the time." - Henry McCullough

Thanks

storm

Quote Originally Posted by pinkaline View Post
    ...As far as INXS goes, I thought that was accidental, no? A shame none the less...
    Nope, Michael Hutchence checked out - hung himself with a belt. It was determined to be intentional because of comments he had made about being "f**king sick of it all". He was going through relationship/child support issues. Hutchence and Bob Geldof had gotten into it over the kids. Paula Yates didn't help matters either (not to speak ill of the dead, as she OD'd later).

Hutchence was also a singular talent - and only 37 when he died. My wife missed seeing them, as I said, but I saw INXS in 1985 in Adelaide and they were superb, so I was fortunate, I guess.

Now David Carradine, on the other hand, that WAS an accident with a belt, in rather ahem, nasty, circumstances.

Back on topic - Chris's wife is now saying she believes the drugs caused this - prescription drugs. Damn shame, either way. Modern life is insane!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phred68 View Post
    Nope, Michael Hutchence checked out - hung himself with a belt. It was determined to be intentional because of comments he had made about being "f**king sick of it all". He was going through relationship/child support issues. Hutchence and Bob Geldof had gotten into it over the kids. Paula Yates didn't help matters either (not to speak ill of the dead, as she OD'd later).

Hutchence was also a singular talent - and only 37 when he died. My wife missed seeing them, as I said, but I saw INXS in 1985 in Adelaide and they were superb, so I was fortunate, I guess.

Now David Carradine, on the other hand, that WAS an accident with a belt, in rather ahem, nasty, circumstances.

Back on topic - Chris's wife is now saying she believes the drugs caused this - prescription drugs. Damn shame, either way. Modern life is insane!
    Would you believe that I saw a then little known band called INXS back in 1983, when they opened for Men at Work?
    We were favorably impressed with the opening act, even though they hadn't quite hit it big at that point.
    Of course, they later greatly eclipsed Men at Work, even when MaW were at their apogee.
    "I don't know; I was really drunk at the time." - Henry McCullough

Thanks

storm

Quote Originally Posted by oldpink View Post
    Would you believe that I saw a then little known band called INXS back in 1983, when they opened for Men at Work?
    We were favorably impressed with the opening act, even though they hadn't quite hit it big at that point.
    Of course, they later greatly eclipsed Men at Work, even when MaW were at their apogee.
    Nice! INXS in '83, they would've been great to see at that time too, well done oldpink