Thread: Bearcountry

Thanks
    Thanked 3,050 Times in 93 Posts

Default Bearcountry

An erstwhile taper and music collector, who was a member here from the start, passed away over a year ago, but those that knew him will never forget him.

His friends will likely post more details.

T.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tjmack For This Useful Post:

saperoco (07-05-2017)

Thanks

RIP Bearcountry

Thanks

storm Kevin Davie Memorial Series

The following was posted by John ( Audioarchivist ) using an old computer of Kevin's logging in with his account:

Kevin was a good friend of mine. He was a big fan of the blues, and after seeing a lot of shows in and around Toronto, as a music collector already, he decided to start recording shows himself in order to make sure that the shows he saw had recordings!

He passed away last year from a mistaken fentanyl overdose alone at home.

His music collection of tape trades as well as his master audio cassettes have gone to the right places, as me and Dennis (dorrcoq) and Leif (LeifH12345) have them, and have done some things with some of them so far. We're currently at release #44 of "The Kevin Davie Memorial Series" of master releases of his, and some of his rare tape trades (Goldmine and Relix ad tape snail mail trader for years before we did it online) have been posted and more are in the works. We have more of everything to release *eventually*, but, life gets in the way of even the best laid plans. There will be more. Someday...

I really miss my friend. I'm glad we all have some of his recordings to hear. I think he'd enjoy that we can enjoy them forever...
    Last edited by tjmack; 06-11-2017 at 06:50 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,433 Times in 65 Posts

RIP Bearcountry....
    ...any Floyd, is good floyd....
    visit the #1 Knopfler forum in the world at:

www.amarkintime.org/forum

1994.09.02, Werchter Festival Grounds
    2011.06.18, ESPRIT Arena, Düsseldorf
    2013.07.20, Werchter Festival Grounds --> full circle
    2015.09.19, König Pilsener Arena, Oberhausen
    2016.07.28, Grote Markt, Tienen......YESSSSSSS

Thanks

Always sad to lose a member of the community.

Thanks
    Thanked 27,838 Times in 729 Posts

As Kevin Davie now understand.... RIP, always sad when someone leave

A useful site for floydians (many thanks Snsik) :

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you, no one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.

Thanks

dbell Two of Kevin's Pink Floyd recordings here

I just thought I should point out that I've already shared a couple of Kevin's Pink Floyd recordings on the site here. Both he and I went to both Vancouver 1994 Division Bell shows before we really knew each other and both recorded. Neither of us really circulated our recordings, but tapes from other sources appeared over the years. I finally posted one of mine (the first night) thinking even my lousy seats gave me a better recording than the one that circulated. When I finally heard Kevin's tapes, I knew his were leaps and bounds upgrades over the circulating copies but also my middle of the road alternates... If you want to hear Division Bell Vancouver, his are the ones to reach for!

The first night, in both CD quality and a HiRes version of my tape transfer of his master audio cassettes...
    http://yeeshkul.com/forum/showthread...36b-quot-24-96

http://yeeshkul.com/forum/showthread...36a-quot-16-44

The second night, again in multiple formats, released before we began Kevin's memorial series...
    http://yeeshkul.com/forum/showthread...de-16-44-FLAC8

http://yeeshkul.com/forum/showthread...de-24-96-FLAC8

We've also put out a recording that Kevin made of one of the Toronto 1987 shows as part of "The Kevin Davie Memorial Series" but I don't think I've yet re-posted it here, but it's at TTD and Dime. It's not nearly as good quality as the two above, but it's an interesting capture anyway despite several other sources of the show circulating in better sound. I'll try and get it put up here soon...