Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: "The Wall" as a triple album

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SurrogateMember View Post
    I just listened to the first half of your project, and I must say, that's some stellar work right there, thanks for your effort. And also, releasing the two 1978 demos would be a great idea, actually! Would end up solving many of the disputes in this thread, and make for a curious listen, to say the very least!
    Well, and I thank you for listening! It truly is hard to work on a project with highly personal choices and points of view like this and have others enjoy it as well, so I am very glad that you have.

Perhaps it is because I am strange, but the soundbites of Roger's demos from the Immersion box were very enjoyable to me while being extremely disappointing only because of their incompleteness. The atmosphere of what surfaced is oppressive and very experimental, exactly how I like most of my music to be; and since then I have been dreaming of both brothers being released for my enjoyment. Good to know that I am not alone on this issue!
    Last edited by TheMoebLoop; 11-05-2017 at 10:37 PM.

Thanks

wow, great thread with some stellar contributions from many.

I have a love/hate relationship with the wall due to overplay, it was the first Floyd album I listened to in depth and it (along with the fact my dad was a huge floyd fan) started my appreciation for the band, my dad hated TFC but I loved it (still do) as it felt and sounded very familiar to the wall, when I read that the wall was intended to be a 3xLP album but canned due to the record label wanting to keep costs down and profits up I assumed TFC was the bulk of the missing material, with roger re-writing a few songs late on to fit the falklands/thatcher themes.

It's great seeing everyones opinions and comforting to see many people share similar conclusions, I am suprised TPACOHH doesnt get more of a mention, they were wrote at the same time and again sound so similar, Theres quite a few passages of music that tie in with the wall and TFC, I know its JB on guitar but PF have never been shy about using session musicians to fill in the gaps, if SW had played lead on that album it would been as good as a PF album for me.

The songs from TFC I felt were natural picks for the wall were: one of the few & the hero's return part 1&2 (this was long before I knew teacher teacher existed) and paranoid eyes, these seem to fit the teacher narrative of the wall story perfectly. the gunners dream & possible pasts I am unsure but the final cut has to be a wall song, I thought I read somewhere that it was meant to be included hence the reason they overdubbed the "I will show you whats behind the wall" line, as mentioned I feel it depicts Pinks deepening isolation and impending breakdown.

I also make my own compilations and extended albums, I am currently on doing TFC and ironically no wall tracks have been considered nor will be haha.

I am very interested in listening to the extended project, how can I best do this? if some kind member could maybe PM me and point me in the right direction I would be eternaly grateful. in the meantime I can check out that site which looks amazing from the quick peek I had earlier.
    Thanks to all for making a good rope.
    Rex.

Thanks

It was cut sometime after the second production demo, so it was in there for a while. I may still go back and add that and see how it sounds. Thank you for the idea, Roscoe.

Thanks

So, anyone have a link to the best available sounding single version of Young Lust?

Thanks

[QUOTE=keleven;260845]So, anyone have a link to the best available sounding single version of Young Lust?[/QUOTE]

Here's one
    that's a more recent rip. However, unlike other versions, this is the real deal (the way to distinguish it from a "hybrid" version with Off the Wall is Roger's psychotic scream at the end of the guitar solo which appears on the movie soundtrack as well). Unfortunately, it runs fast.

Thanks

I have a really clean, speed correct rip of the single version of Young Lust. Includes the scream.