Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Delicate Sound of thunder LP re edition

Thanks

Abit strange about the A Great... since that has not yet come on the Pink Floyd Recording cd -reissue.

Thanks

Default So that's true !!??

From what you see there really is this reprint, and it's not a fake, but I wonder how it was made by the-tentacle-UK to get these copies if there was not yet an official announcement from the record company ???? Who knows !!!

However it seems to me an exaggerated price, .. when it will be available "normally" it is probable, surely sure, that we will have more "humane"

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pink-Floyd-...und+of+thunder
    Last edited by Pat_Lecce; 09-12-2017 at 05:37 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joseabellan View Post
    Yesterday, I commented on the same lines as the possibility that the double album of "The Delicate Sound Of Thunder" and some more, were to be reedited soon within the new record of Pink Floyd.

Now we can confirm that indeed the double album "The Delicate Sound Of Thunder" (1988) will be reedited next to the simple compilation "A Collection Of Great Dance Song" (1981) in vinyl of 180 grams and with new remasterización the Friday 27 of October and distributed by Parlophone Music. Each release will retain its original packaging and cover. Both albums have never been reissued on vinyl since the original release date.

more in https://www.animalspinkfloydmagazine...FIA-PINK-FLOYD
    I'm assuming "reedited" is a quirk of translation?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lennyif View Post
    I'm assuming "reedited" is a quirk of translation?
    That's what I assumed. Possibly "edition" = "release", so I see a possible path from "rerelease" -> "re-edition" / "rereleased" -> "reedited". (Not poking fun in any way, shape or form if anyone is concerned. I know my attempts at anything other than my native language would also be quirky (at best). I was just kind of interested in this case at the possible path leading to that word.).

Thanks

this record is on discogs:
    https://www.discogs.com/it/Pink-Floy...lease/10775346

with the same amazon photos

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by snagu View Post
    That's what I assumed. Possibly "edition" = "release", so I see a possible path from "rerelease" -> "re-edition" / "rereleased" -> "reedited". (Not poking fun in any way, shape or form if anyone is concerned. I know my attempts at anything other than my native language would also be quirky (at best). I was just kind of interested in this case at the possible path leading to that word.).
    Oh yeah, same here. Definitely not trying to make fun or anything. I only mentioned it because I remembered Nick or maybe someone else in the band being kind of displeased with the sound of album in hindsight, and there was all that talk of AMLOR getting a remix a few years back. Honestly, I'd be really surprised if they went in and messed with Delicate Sound of Thunder at all beyond just mastering it again, but you never know. I never would have imagined Amused to Death getting a remix, as to me, the original release was easily the best sounding of Roger's albums.

Happy 30th Anniversary of A Momentary Lapse of Reason, everyone! September 1987... wow!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,150 Times in 52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lennyif View Post

Happy 30th Anniversary of A Momentary Lapse of Reason, everyone! September 1987... wow!
    Slightly off-tangent, but I always liked AMLoR...probably moreso than The Wall. Not my favourite Floyd Era (which is post-Syd to pre-DSotM, for what it's worth), but definitely feel that AMLoR doesn't deserve the amount of flak it gets. Still got my first edition cassette copy that gets played sporadically.

Thanks

Also slightly off at a tangent, but I would love to hear Animals completely stripped down and re mixed.
    I hate the production on it, especially the drums.
    I just think it could sound so much better.

Cant wait for the re mix of Rogers 'Is This The Life We Really Want'
    A version where the lyrics can be heard loud and clear and not lost under the music (in parts).
    Posssibly add some more guitar.

Maybe I'm just old and deaf ?