Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pink Floyd / Japanese ‘paper sleeve’ CD vinyl replicas due in November

Thanks

Default Pink Floyd / Japanese ‘paper sleeve’ CD vinyl replicas due in November

From superdeluxeedition.com:

"Packaging freaks (guilty as charged) and CD collectors know that it’s hard to beat a Japanese pressing of an album presented with the full ‘vinyl replica’ treatment. These are also sometimes referred to as ‘mini-LP CDs’ or ‘paper sleeve’ editions. The good news for Pink Floyd fans is that the band’s entire discography from The Piper at the Gates of Dawn to The Endless River will receive this treatment with a run of limited edition mini-LP CD pressings due in November.

‘Vinyl replica’ has become a slightly corrupted term, since for bargain basement ‘original album series’ box sets, record labels frequently shove a disc in a low quality, spineless card sleeve and call it a ‘vinyl replica’. These forthcoming Pink Floyd reissues will be on another planet to those, with ‘mini-me’ CD versions of all 15 albums faithfully replicating all aspects of the original UK LP design. This means an attention to detail that recreates inner sleeves, posters, the sealed bag of Wish You Were Here, the sticker on the front of The Wall. They will all include ‘OBI’ strips which replicate the ones used for Japanese first LP pressings.

This series features the following titles: The Piper at the Gates of Dawn, A Saucerful of Secrets, More, Ummagumma, Atom Heart Mother, Meddle, Obscured by Clouds, The Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, Animals, The Wall, The Final Cut, A Momentary Lapse of Reason, The Division Bell, and The Endless River.

These Pink Floyd limited edition Japanese CDs are issued on 1 November 2017."

Link at http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/ne...luxeedition%29

Thanks

Thanks for the heads up.
    Is nice to see those in the market again after so many years without a re-edition. They're excellent.
    I wonder if hey will be include all the extras the first edition had. And curious as to why the live albums aren't included in this current set, as they were also released back then in the first replica editions.
    R.M.

Thanks

Damn! There you go! I have to buy the entire catalogue again!

I have the original cd-replicas from Japan - all of them except TER, which was not released. I even have P.U.L.S.E, DSOT and the Roger Waters solo albums.

This year is getting almost as expensive as last year!

Thanks

I just can't buy these albums again. I'll have to see a shrink. Haha I have like 4 - 5 copies of some as it is.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,698 Times in 74 Posts

I used to have over 50 dark sides on vinyl - I sold most but still have at least 5 copies of each album but only 1 ummagumma!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by triply View Post
    Damn! There you go! I have to buy the entire catalogue again!

I have the original cd-replicas from Japan - all of them except TER, which was not released. I even have P.U.L.S.E, DSOT and the Roger Waters solo albums.

This year is getting almost as expensive as last year!
    You don't need to. If you already have the 1st edition Japanese mini-replicas, they're great. If I had them all, I would not need anything else.

However, they're from the 1994 masters.

The only reason to get them again would be the desire to have the discs in the (I assume) "newly" remastered sound that will come with this release. And I'm assuming it will be a remastered sound. I don't really know if that will be the case.
    R.M.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CCE338 View Post
    I used to have over 50 dark sides on vinyl - I sold most but still have at least 5 copies of each album but only 1 ummagumma!
    That's completely crazy... you nee 4 more copies of Ummagumma!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,698 Times in 74 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lennyif View Post
    That's completely crazy... you nee 4 more copies of Ummagumma!
    Thanks for joy!

Well it would have to be OP8912/13 Promo Red Vinyl and then OP8912/13 Black Vinyl http://pinkfloydarchives.com/DJaLPPF.htm#Umm1

then the 2nd issue promo and vinyl http://pinkfloydarchives.com/DJaLPPF.htm#Umm2

That's 4 but thousands of dollars! I can drool privately over the Japanese listing at PFA relevant to this thread http://pinkfloydarchives.com/DJA.htm

plus I kept Red Vinyl Saucerful More and maybe AHM I'd have to look
    Last edited by CCE338; 2017-09-16 at 04:55 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ruben77 View Post
    You don't need to. If you already have the 1st edition Japanese mini-replicas, they're great. If I had them all, I would not need anything else.

However, they're from the 1994 masters.

The only reason to get them again would be the desire to have the discs in the (I assume) "newly" remastered sound that will come with this release. And I'm assuming it will be a remastered sound. I don't really know if that will be the case.
    The new ones are the 2011 remasters (TER 2014) they have been working closly with James on it sending test discs back and forward to him, and he approved them all for release late july this year.

Also form what I understand the new ones will be even more correct to the original lp`s with some small details here and there (like the rounded innersleeve on Animals and The Wall and so on)
    compare to the 2000 - 2005 issues that at the time of release had some copyright issue with it.

I also have all the other 18 mini lp`s from the original releases, and the 3 Waters and 3 Barrett mini lp`s,
    They all looks amazing, and are 100 times better than the "oh by the way" set, and since this ones are suppose to be even better and more correct
    there was no question that I needed the new ones too in my collection too.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nfloyd View Post
    The new ones are the 2011 remasters (TER 2014) they have been working closly with James on it sending test discs back and forward to him, and he approved them all for release late july this year.

Also form what I understand the new ones will be even more correct to the original lp`s with some small details here and there (like the rounded innersleeve on Animals and The Wall and so on)
    compare to the 2000 - 2005 issues that at the time of release had some copyright issue with it.

I also have all the other 18 mini lp`s from the original releases, and the 3 Waters and 3 Barrett mini lp`s,
    They all looks amazing, and are 100 times better than the "oh by the way" set, and since this ones are suppose to be even better and more correct
    there was no question that I needed the new ones too in my collection too.
    If it is the case, then it is worth to have the new replicas with the improvements you say.

And it is taken for granted that all discs will include the Japanese inserts with lyrics too, and separate paper disc labels at real size (I remember the paper disc labels from my mini-replica Pulse set are better printed than the original LP labels).
    I wonder if the Momentary Lapse disc will also include the replica of the promo tour poster.

Agreed, the OBTW box didn't have such good job. Japanese put extra love and care in their products.

The only thing I regret is having The Final Cut with the extra track included. I've always preferred the previous (non-Tiger) version. But that's just my personal taste.
    R.M.