Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Genesis sound question.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Wow that's awesome, I would love to form my own prog rock band, but I've only been playing guitar for about a year, so I'm not that good yet, I've played a few songs live, mostly easy pop stuff, but I aspire to playing Peter Gabriel's Genesis, and Pink Floyd music and hopefully my own stuff in the future. But yeah thanks for the link, love the album artwork, and the music sounds really professional.
    Thanks for the kind words! Just stick with playing and you'll get where you want to go. Learning Genesis and Floyd stuff will definitely help you out a lot. I'd throw in some Yes stuff too. If you figure out parts from those three bands, you'll have a great foundation and you will have a lot of different directions you can go in with your playing. Happy picking!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Wow that's awesome, I would love to form my own prog rock band, but I've only been playing guitar for about a year, so I'm not that good yet, I've played a few songs live, mostly easy pop stuff, but I aspire to playing Peter Gabriel's Genesis, and Pink Floyd music and hopefully my own stuff in the future. But yeah thanks for the link, love the album artwork, and the music sounds really professional.
    I too would like to form a band like that, plus a lot of other disparate influences to create a whole thing of my own. But how to find anybody up for it, especially nowadays? As I see it, that's probably the biggest challenge...