Thread: How to burn QUAD FLAC

Thanks

Default How to burn QUAD FLAC

Hi,
    How one can burn a quad stream music signal on DVD music?
    is there any suggestion on what software to use or how to burn it using Music DVD Creator 2.0 or similar software?
    Also, is there any plan to post the 5.1 version?
    Thanks in advance,
    D. Razi

Thanks

just use NERO Burning Rom and insert the flac into dvd as data file, mi Home Thatre read this file in 5.1

Thanks
    Thanked 5,361 Times in 59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by razi0 View Post
    Hi,
    How one can burn a quad stream music signal on DVD music?
    is there any suggestion on what software to use or how to burn it using Music DVD Creator 2.0 or similar software?
    Also, is there any plan to post the 5.1 version?
    Thanks in advance,
    D. Razi
    I use Discwelder Chrome to create DVDA iso images for burning. (eg. The Best of 1977 quad) This is "abandon-ware". Old software that used to be sold but now out of print and shared. I think the only "official" option is the outrageously expensive package from Sonic. Discwelder Chrome will do both 4.0 and 5.1 (and others). It's a good idea to put 4.0 (or anything else not 5.1) into a 5.1 file with the unused channels digital blank. Forces compliance on the odd media player that doesn't support anything besides 5.1.

If anyone knows of newer and reasonably priced DVDA authoring software I'm listening!

PS. You'll find that most (all?) of the affordable or free apps like DVD Creator and the like have DVDA features disabled. They want to force you to buy the expensive stuff for this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jimfisheye View Post
    I use Discwelder Chrome to create DVDA iso images for burning. (eg. The Best of 1977 quad) This is "abandon-ware". Old software that used to be sold but now out of print and shared. I think the only "official" option is the outrageously expensive package from Sonic. Discwelder Chrome will do both 4.0 and 5.1 (and others). It's a good idea to put 4.0 (or anything else not 5.1) into a 5.1 file with the unused channels digital blank. Forces compliance on the odd media player that doesn't support anything besides 5.1.

Where did you find Discwelder Chrome?? I've been having real problems actually getting a download.

Thanks

I use Audiomuxer to create the DVD / Blu-Ray file structure (or ISO) from the audio files, then burn w/ImgBurn.

Thanks

Default thanks

thank you very much

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Supper View Post
    I use Audiomuxer to create the DVD / Blu-Ray file structure (or ISO) from the audio files, then burn w/ImgBurn.
    This worked quite well. Thank you!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MGoBlue1989 View Post
    This worked quite well. Thank you!
    Can you tell me the steps to burning to a DVD with Audiomuxer? I've downloaded the program and have the recent quad shows that Jimfisheye has been uploading that I'd like to burn to a disc. I open the program but have no idea what I'm doing. Unfortunately, my OPPO player does not do gapless playback of FLAC files so the only way I can really hear the quad mixes in surround sound without a lot of annoying delays between tracks is by burning to a physical disc.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,361 Times in 59 Posts

I don't know about Audiomuxer (although I do have it and have used it for decoding dts files). I've used the freeware tsMuxeR app for authoring a bluray image. And it's true that you can burn that to a DVD instead of a bluray and "s****" many machines (except those that read the media format off the disc) into thinking it's a bluray.

You know what though?
    You'd have to prep by making a continuous single wav file from the individual songs to give to tsMuxeR.
    So instead of then proceeding to author the iso and burn the disc, just make a single long combined FLAC file for yourself (the first step in making a disc you'd have to do anyway) and play that from your USB drive connected to the Oppo.

Workarounds!