Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steven Wilson - To The Bone 2018 Tour

Thanks

animals

Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelinmad View Post
    ...slot in 3 dates in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane...
    Bloody typical 'Eastern States' ... they always forget about Adelaide and Perth! Haha ... just messing with ya

Thanks

hehe - I tell you what - if he decides to do Adelaide, Perth and Darwin this time I won't complain too much !!!!!

Hope he does stop by - from the set lists (which include "Heartattack in a Lay-by", "Even Less" and ARRIVING SOMEWHERE BUT NOT HERE !!!!!!!!!) - I don't want to miss this tour....

Cheers
    Andy

Thanks

animals

Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelinmad View Post
    hehe - I tell you what - if he decides to do Adelaide, Perth and Darwin this time I won't complain too much !!!!!

Hope he does stop by - from the set lists (which include "Heartattack in a Lay-by", "Even Less" and ARRIVING SOMEWHERE BUT NOT HERE !!!!!!!!!) - I don't want to miss this tour....

Cheers
    Andy
    Hehe too right mate. Ole Stevo should be known well enough in Oz these days, or one would think?

3 truly great songs right there. Just listened to two of them today, ironically. I listen to Porcupine Tree quite often, almost as often as Floyd, and the Oils too!
    Maybe SW is going to emulate RW's current tour and play more of his former band's stuff this time around? Let's hope so! Absolutely love "Arriving..." - still my fave PT track by far.

Cheers

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phred68 View Post
    Hehe too right mate. Ole Stevo should be known well enough in Oz these days, or one would think?

3 truly great songs right there. Just listened to two of them today, ironically. I listen to Porcupine Tree quite often, almost as often as Floyd, and the Oils too!
    Maybe SW is going to emulate RW's current tour and play more of his former band's stuff this time around? Let's hope so! Absolutely love "Arriving..." - still my fave PT track by far.

Cheers
    Yes - Porcupine Tree were sort of an "affair" - Zeppelin and Floyd were always my real partners - but I started listening to them about 5 years ago and it's sort of taken over a little bit.....Some of the PT stuff is very Floyd - Time Flies for example sounds like an outtake from Animals to me - and some of the early stuff is very Echoes....

But Wilson is nothing short of a genius in my mind - In Absentia, Fear of a Blank Planet and Deadwing are three albums that stand up against some of the best from the 70's. The skill he has in production adds a really deep laying on all these albums and, even if you don't like the music (which most people I introduce to like immediately) the sonic landscapes he produces are outstanding.

I agree, Arriving is superb - but the one song that I think is truely a masterpiece is Anethetise - what a piece of music.... The section in teh middle (Pills I'm taking) is just breathtaking. Gavin Harrison is a god....(there is a youtube video of him, just him, playing along to a tape of this song - I sat transfixed for 18 minutes....

Steven recently did a 5.1 Version of Marilllion's Misplaced Childhood (I'm also a Pre-Hogarth Marillion fan - love those first 4 albums) and I have had and listened to that album since '85 - countless times - I know it better than I care to admit - but I put this 5.1 Mix that Wilson did on and it blew me away - sounded like I was hearing it for the first time - I knew it - but I didn't know it - was awesome. Would recommend anyone that likes that era of Mariliion to pick it up (also includes a new live show as well so worth the shell out).

I met him before the Melbourne show in 2016 - and he's a real nice guy as well - signing the letter from the box set of the Hand Cannot Erase deluxe version for me - as well as the cover of the CoverVersions album (Thank You on that is spine chilling - as his the version he does on the Blackfield Live in NY album (a great album BTW - that gets a lot of airplay in my car)).

So yes - he needs to come to the lucky country on this tour - I love the new album (don't really like Permanating - but I understand why he does and it's not too bad - but that one song means I can't say I like To the Bone as much as Hand Cannot Erase - Yet. I love every track on that album - it's a masterpiece in my mind. But To the Bone is really good - so diverse - and the last few tracks are as good as anything he's done before - probably better - Song for the Unborn is beautiful - and the styles within Detonation slide so seemlessly together- awesome.....

Anyway - we need some recordings from this tour boys and girls - I would happily do a recording and share - but I live in Melbourne and the closest he's coming to me at the moment is Santiago - so I'm going to need one of you guys from the other side of the Pacific OR one of our European friends to get the mikes lit up and do a stealth for us. I'm disappointed that he's not released a recording from the HCE tour - but I got two stunning recordings from the Royal Albert Hall in 2015 (had excellent seats both nights) so I can sort of get by - but we can't have this tour not seen, not documented (officially) and only sparsely populated with bootlegs..

Cheers
    Andy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by matt_twism View Post
    I will be at the March 9 show, Ancienne Belgique, Brussels.

I bought tickets to this date too. See you there

Thanks

Here I Am.

Had a series of misfortunate events.

First, my recorder died the day before the show and the only back up for the recording was... ehm... my phone (a Huawei P10 Lite). So, I decided not to give up and downloaded a nice app (RecForge II) and recorded with that.

Then the second problem... The app decided by herself (or at least that's my excuse for that) to set the record volume at +12dB. The Result ? Clipping, clipping everywhere.

Really Everywhere ? In the misfortune, a nice discovery. 2 songs are incredibly saved themselves from this clipping problem: the 2 songs are: Heartattack in a Layby and Even Less, the last one played only by Steven on stage. The quality overall it's nearly good, but seen how bad are the other songs... i consider this quality a miracle. If anyone is interested (and if the forum regulations permit to post only two songs from a show) i can post them here. Let me know.

Not bad for a first recording experience right ?

Thanks

animals

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha1992 View Post
    Here I Am.

Had a series of misfortunate events.

First, my recorder died the day before the show and the only back up for the recording was... ehm... my phone (a Huawei P10 Lite). So, I decided not to give up and downloaded a nice app (RecForge II) and recorded with that.

Then the second problem... The app decided by herself (or at least that's my excuse for that) to set the record volume at +12dB. The Result ? Clipping, clipping everywhere.

Really Everywhere ? In the misfortune, a nice discovery. 2 songs are incredibly saved themselves from this clipping problem: the 2 songs are: Heartattack in a Layby and Even Less, the last one played only by Steven on stage. The quality overall it's nearly good, but seen how bad are the other songs... i consider this quality a miracle. If anyone is interested (and if the forum regulations permit to post only two songs from a show) i can post them here. Let me know.

Not bad for a first recording experience right ?

Please do! And yes, well done on getting a recording in the first place