Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: uTorrent bugs announcement?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,893 Times in 99 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tjmack View Post
    Is that with all sites or just Dime?

And yeah, transmission is kinda crap, UI wise.
    I don't use Dime, Dime doesn't allow me to download and I'm not jumping through their stupid hoops to use their extremely outdated site. Most of the problem was with torrents on Y. I know it has nothing to do with Y though, I had no issues with uTorrent, just when I switched to qBittorent, I think it's something with qBittorent and my personal setup, which isn't all that special. I installed qBittorrent client on my PC and it downloads all torrent to the NAS on my network, nothing crazy. I dunno, it's early days but Transmission seems ok and good enough at the moment, I just have to get used to the awful UI.
    Click here to access my Pink Floyd lists!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,057 Times in 90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by buffalofloyd View Post
    I don't use Dime, Dime doesn't allow me to download and I'm not jumping through their stupid hoops to use their extremely outdated site. Most of the problem was with torrents on Y. I know it has nothing to do with Y though, I had no issues with uTorrent, just when I switched to qBittorent, I think it's something with qBittorent and my personal setup, which isn't all that special. I installed qBittorrent client on my PC and it downloads all torrent to the NAS on my network, nothing crazy. I dunno, it's early days but Transmission seems ok and good enough at the moment, I just have to get used to the awful UI.
    I know that Windows can be a bit slow in making a network drive 'live' either on startup or if the drive itself goes to sleep, and the IO errors may just be as a result of an 'absent' drive. Your NAS would just be acting as a network drive, I take it. I've got the bt client running on my NAS itself, not on my PC, so the NAS's drives are always present to save to. I read the files with my PC though, through the Windows Network setup. If I'm reading them through my iPAD, iPhone, BluRay player or any other non-Windows PC I use Serviio DLNA media server also running on the NAS.

Thanks

I actually tried to install Transmission directly ony NAS and the Syno community has a package to do so and after I installed it there was no program to open up, I dunno what happened. I couldn't figure it out so I just gave up. Synology has it's own BT client and it works, but I'm not a huge fan of it, I don't think I can create torrents with it either, which is a no. I really just want to install a client on my PC like I've always had it, it's what I know and like.

Did I mention I love my NAS? Everyone should have one.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buffalofloyd View Post
    I actually tried to install Transmission directly ony NAS and the Syno community has a package to do so and after I installed it there was no program to open up, I dunno what happened. I couldn't figure it out so I just gave up. Synology has it's own BT client and it works, but I'm not a huge fan of it, I don't think I can create torrents with it either, which is a no. I really just want to install a client on my PC like I've always had it, it's what I know and like.

Did I mention I love my NAS? Everyone should have one.
    Well, if it's anything like my QNAP qBittorrent it probably runs as a service, not a program. You control it through a webui in your browser.

Just had a quick shifty at this vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPVs...ature=youtu.be

and the default webui address for Transmission is : http://yourNASLANIP:9091/ but there's a whole load of setting up the folders and user accounts for it to do first.

As far as creating a torrent goes, my QNAP qBittorent (and YEESHKUL) accepted ones created with TLH on my PC with no issues.

And yeah, I like my NAS too.

Thanks

Well, this is why you are you, thank you for that information! I guess when I didn't see an icon, like some of the other applications or services that my Synology has I just lost interest.

I'm really not as lazy as it seems, I just didn't care as much to install Transmission directly on my NAS and when I reached a snag I just gave up. I'm not even 100% sure if I understand the benefit of it. I leave my PC on 24/7 and I suppose if the PC went dark for whatever reason I could still download and have access to torrents through remote access to my NAS? I guess that's one scenerio. As it stands now I only download torrents when I'm actually at my PC, so... Anyway, I might give installing directly on my NAS a go in the future.

What I am finding really annoying is in the Transmission program or client itself, I uncheck "use UPnP or NAT-PMP" and I change the port number to something other than the default, I also check to start the program minimized in the notification area and when I restart my computer all of those setting revert to default and the port number changes and the program splash screen is shown. @&%^ing irritating!!!
    Last edited by buffalofloyd; 2018-04-09 at 04:23 AM.

Thanks

Well, the config gets saved to a session.json file in %LOCALAPPDATA%\transmission. You can do a " echo %LOCALAPPDATA% " in a CMD (command prompt) window to see where that is on your PC. I wouldn't use a network drive for your download location just in case that's screwing with it.

As for advantages for getting your NAS to run Transmission - I guess it's designed to be run 24/7 and your PC isn't, really. Gives your PC a bit of a breather and saves some wear and tear on it if you don't have it on 24/7. Bet the NAS is a bit lighter on the old electricity too. And you wouldn't have any associated network drive problem as its drives are obviously local to it.

Entirely up to you, though.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tjmack View Post
    Well, the config gets saved to a session.json file in %LOCALAPPDATA%\transmission. You can do a " echo %LOCALAPPDATA% " in a CMD (command prompt) window to see where that is on your PC. I wouldn't use a network drive for your download location just in case that's screwing with it.

As for advantages for getting your NAS to run Transmission - I guess it's designed to be run 24/7 and your PC isn't, really. Gives your PC a bit of a breather and saves some wear and tear on it if you don't have it on 24/7. Bet the NAS is a bit lighter on the old electricity too. And you wouldn't have any associated network drive problem as its drives are obviously local to it.

Entirely up to you, though.
    Well, you're a genius Teej, thank you. It was actually a settings.json file that I opened and edited. I changed the things I wanted and the settings stuck when I restarted my PC. I am very glad it worked but I shouldn't of had to do that. I still have my download location designated to my NAS on the network, and maybe that is the reason the settings were not being retained, so its could be the reason. In any case it's working flawlessly right now and that's good enough for me. Thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot this with me

Thanks

Don't think this has been posted before but qBittorrent 4.1.0 now works with Dime (just upgraded to download last night's Nick Mason show)

Thanks

For anyone that's been looking for a good torrent client, I have recently switched from Transmission over to Deluge. I like the interface better as it reminds me more of uTorrent and it's been working great for the past month or so.