Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: uTorrent bugs announcement?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,468 Times in 36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bert13 View Post
    This morning uTorrent de-installed itself, just disappeared lol Gave me the opportunity to try qBittorrent. The latest version gave up another stupid protocol error at Dime. After installing an older version it was gone. It seems the admins of Dime can't be bothered to update their software regularly but what really pisses me off is that these protocol errors aren't being addressed by a site which has 100.000 users. None of the other bittorrent sites with less users have issues with this. They just seem to ignore it altogether, maybe out of arrogance, I don't know.
    Happened to me too… just shot down your antivirus, re-install utorrent, start up the anitvirus again and make an exception...

Thanks
    Thanked 5,709 Times in 86 Posts

Yeah, I figured the anti-virus program was the culprit. I'm sticking with qBittorrent now, I have no reason to go back to utorrent again.

Thanks

Cool

utorrent 2.2.1.0: "How many problems and worries"!!!
    Last edited by YASSHA; 2018-10-14 at 09:29 AM.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8rV...layer_embedded

Resourcefulness and bravery
    Courage and good luck!
    In trouble don't get confused-
    That's the main challenge!

Thanks

I think utorrent 2.2.1 is prolly the best windows version ever made by them; later versions are bad... very bad. Utorrent 3.5.4 is the worst of all and sometimes shows behaviour that points towards an embedded C & C functionality.... I've even made some videos to analyse it and thus have proof of that.

As for the recent utorrent dis-installing, this is not an utorrent thing, it is done by the windows operating system and controlled by microsoft. In fact, windows users have no control over their computer and operating system. Despite the fact that you bought your computer for a lot of money, it is not "owned" i.e. controlled by you, whatever settings you disable. This is the sole reason that i chose to use linux instead.

As for other torrent clients, after many months of testing many different clients (on linux), i decided to stick with Qbittorrent, simply as it get's me the best results. True however that some outdated sites / trackers might have problems or signal an error, but in fact the error on dime does not affect me in any way - my client still seeds perfect there too. Screenshot below;

Users on latest Deluge 1.3.15 i advise to turn off uTP, as this severely slows down your traffic. Transmission performs ca. 40% less than Qbittorrent and Deluge. There are many other clients, each with it's own advantages & disadvantages.

I lost count of the total amount of traffic i moved via torrents in the past decade, but it will be somewhere between 3 and 4 Petabyte at least, so i should know what i am talking about. My stats might be an indication for that

Best regards, Lou aka GoRinNoSho

Thanks
    Thanked 5,709 Times in 86 Posts

Thanks for the post Lou, good stuff. I had a protocol error 1 before and I've been uploading jackshit at Dime for years. Once a download was completed there was almost no activity and this happened only at Dime. So far I've not been able to test it with qBittorrent, we'll see.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,913 Times in 99 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoRinNoSho View Post
    Users on latest Deluge 1.3.15 i advise to turn off uTP, as this severely slows down your traffic.
    Thanks for the tip on Deluge, I disabled the uTP. I have problems here and there with Deluge where torrents may not wanna start, especially when I'm on a VPN. I don't use torrents that often so it isn't a huge deal, but if I use my torrent client included with my Synology I have no issues.

Click here to access my Pink Floyd lists!