Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 LastLast

Thread: Animals 5.1

Thanks

According to someone who was at the May 19th event with Po and Mark Blake, Po mentioned afterwards that the release date is September 30th. Take that with a grain of salt, he's been misinformed in the past.

Thanks

From A Fleeting Glimpse:
    Pink Floyds’ Creative Director, Aubrey Powell of Hipgnosis, was recently in London to promote his brand new Through The Prism publication.

The event took place on May 19th, 2022 and featured questions from those in attendance. One of the questions answered was regarding the (NEW) 2018 Remix of the 1977 Pink Floyd Animals Album.

Here is a transcribe of the response.

“Yes, it will be coming out shortly. I was working on it today in fact. I’m just preparing it for release. There is, in fact, a completely new cover for it. It has been shot at Battersea Power Station semi-late at night, and it looks amazing, but it really does look very different. I’m really interested in people being able to see that.

Animals is one of my favourite albums by Pink Floyd just because of the stories attached. You know, the pig flying away. People say it must be a publicity stunt, but no it wasn’t. You see the picture of it in the book and you think, Oh God, am I really responsible for that? But, you know, it wasn’t publicity stuff, but you couldn’t do that now.

I remember going to Battersea Power Station and it was a dump. It was full of coal and debris and broken cars. It was just absolutely horrid. I knocked on the door and a lad answered. I said I was looking for someone important and the chap went, well thats me, and I said I want to fly a pig. He said it was fine but you wouldn’t get away with it these days because you know health and safety.

I remember speaking to Roger and Storm when we got the pig flying because next door to Battersea was the American embassy, who saw it on CCTV and said “Take that down, take that down.”

Not many people know this, but the media reported the band was being charged with flying an undentified flying object. Luckily, a farmer in Kent put a stop to that when he phoned and said are you looking for a pig and I said yes. It was a relief, that can be said. It’s all in the book. ” – Aubrey Powell

A release date was given at the event, but we are unable to share it due to legalities and the risk of being held accountable for a further leak of information.

With that in mind, it won’t be June, as previously stated at the Their Mortal Remains exhibition, but it will be available towards the latter end of the year.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by diw View Post
    A release date was given at the event, but we are unable to share it due to legalities and the risk of being held accountable for a further leak of information.
    Consider my previous post to be further leakage.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe59 View Post
    Consider my previous post to be further leakage.
    Yes it would have had more dramatic effect, if I had managed to get my post up before yours

Seems to me it would make more sense in terms of having product to sell, to release it before Roger’s tour than at the end of it. I thought tours stimulate sales of fresh product. But I’m no expert.

Thanks

Yes it would have had more dramatic effect, if I had managed to get my post up before yours

Seems to me it would make more sense in terms of having product to sell, to release it before Roger’s tour than at the end of it. I thought tours stimulate sales of fresh product. But I’m no expert.
    Perhaps that's the point? Maybe PF aren't too kean on promoting Waters tour?

Thanks

So much for the plaque at the Los Angeles installation of the Mortal Remains exhibit with its June release date then.
    I thought that it was posted here somewhere that it was gonna be the one.

I've given up getting excited about all these release dates, its not good for ones mind.

Just hope its worth the wait!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yyz View Post
    So much for the plaque at the Los Angeles installation of the Mortal Remains exhibit with its June release date then.
    I thought that it was posted here somewhere that it was gonna be the one.
    More like a hopeful projection.

Thanks

From A Fleeting Glimpse:
    [...] it will be available towards the latter end of the year.
    Hmmmmm. So because of a childish dispute about some liner notes or not we went from 2018-ish to 2023-ish. Guess we'll go from 1980-ish for the film of 'The Wall Live' to 2080-ish. Maybe I should pass on my Floyd fandom to my grand children and I'm already 2nd gen. Do the Floyd and their management realize that some fans from the sixties have deceased of old-age when 'The Early Years' came out? Do they realize that the age of the remaining Floyds is approx. 80 and that human beings live for about 80 years? What a SnAFU these decades of slow milking of the back-catalog.

Thanks

Thumbs down No official update on the remix

Okay so it's been nearly a year since Roger announced the release of the new Animals mix, and still nothing. I highly doubt this is coming out in June, let alone the next 3 months. Considering the time its taking, maybe Guthrie has been busy restoring some of the 75-77 tour to make the boxset worth buying. Seriously, for those who don't have a 5.1 system like myself, this boxset is pretty much pointless, unless you want the remix on vinyl and cd, as well as the original version. I don't want to be anymore negative about this but lets face it, this 'boxset' that is being advertised is going to flop.
    Funny thing is I'll most likely buy the boxset regardless if it has any other material on it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe59 View Post
    According to someone who was at the May 19th event with Po and Mark Blake, Po mentioned afterwards that the release date is September 30th. Take that with a grain of salt, he's been misinformed in the past.
    FFS man. been so keen on getting my grubby little hands on this, yet another delay.

was any reason mentioned as to why it is being delayed(again)?
    ...any Floyd, is good floyd....
    visit the #1 Knopfler forum in the world at:

www.amarkintime.org/forum

1994.09.02, Werchter Festival Grounds - PF
    2011.06.18, ESPRIT Arena, Düsseldorf - RW
    2013.07.20, Werchter Festival Grounds --> full circle - RW
    2015.09.19, König Pilsener Arena, Oberhausen - DG
    2016.07.28, Grote Markt, Tienen - DG
    2018.09.08, Stadsschouwburg, Antwerpen - NM
    2021.05.19, Messe+Congress Centrum Halle, Münster - NM......YESSSSSSS